ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/news/uk-n ... l-protest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

The campaign against the Government’s controversial plan to privatise the Royal Mail has reached the world of the street artist.

A huge mural bearing the slogan Save Royal Mail has been painted in an area of London known as Banksy’s Tunnel, close to Waterloo railway station.

The bright blue and brown painting also depicts a mule carrying a postbag emblazoned with the words “Royal Mule”.

A speech bubble from the mule’s head reads “Does Moya Care?”, in reference to Royal Mail chief executive Moya Greene.

The walls of the tunnel, under the platforms of Waterloo station, are decorated with graffiti, slogans and murals.

Royal Mail managers have voted strongly in a consultative ballot against the sell-off, while the Communication Workers Union is threatening to hold a strike vote among postmen and women before the end of September unless there is a deal on pay, pensions, jobs and other issues linked to privatisation.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by wookie »

Yes indeed. Does Moya care?
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Re: Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by borders »

make a nice T-shirt that :hmmmm
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by Thunderthighs »

A talking mule? A relative of Mr Ned no doubt...
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by Shambles »

Royal Mule, I think is referring to how us 'small gogs' have a 'Donkeys life'
:cuppa :silenced
Last edited by Shambles on 21 Aug 2013, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

some miscommunication and mistyping going on here I think.

I think Thunderthighs meant Mr Ed the talking horse. Image

No malice or forethought just a jocular remark I think.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by Shambles »

TBT..... Thanks for the memory, I'd forgotten, apologies if I jumped the fence before the horse bolted :cuppa
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by Thunderthighs »

I realised my Spooling Mistook as soon as I sent it, lol!

Lets hope we get to the Hoof, the whole Hoof and nuffing but the Hoof...
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Graffiti artist posts Mail protest

Post by Shambles »

Thunderthighs wrote:I realised my Spooling Mistook as soon as I sent it, lol!

Lets hope we get to the Hoof, the whole Hoof and nuffing but the Hoof...
:wave lol :chuckle


Neigh :no no Not if you know who has her way! :hmmmm
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.