ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/loc ... -1-5398650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Horsham community is determined to retain their beloved postman, who has been delivering their post for the last 12 years.

Mark Griffin has developed a ‘rapport’ with locals at the Old Millmeads estate, but may be moving rounds as a result of a reorganisation of delivery routes at Horsham Post Office.

The campaign to keep Mr Griffin on his route is being led by Martin Bruton, 59, who is street co-ordinator of the Residents and Neighbourhood Watch Scheme at Old Millmeads.

He said: “Over 12 years Mark has built up a unique knowledge and rapport with residents and become a much valued member of the Old Millmeads estate community.

“He is cheerful, helpful, approachable, honest, hard working, reliable, on time and goes above and beyond his duties by talking to people and keeping an eye on the elderly and alone.

“He has over the years been accepted as a valued and appreciated member of the local community.”

Mr Griffin’s customers have been busy writing letters to the Post Office, which received ten letters on one day alone.

Mr Bruton, who has lived at Old Millmeads for the entirety of Mr Griffin’s time delivering there, explained that the area has come together in an effort to keep their postman.

He added: “I have received many emails from residents on the estate and been stopped and spoken to about Mark. The positive comments regarding Mark and what he means to local people has been heart warming.

“We don’t want someone new who doesn’t know the people and doesn’t know who to look out for.

“We are grateful that he really wants to stay on our round.”

Mr Griffin said he does not know whether he will be asked to change rounds.

“I didn’t realise I meant that much to them but obviously I do,” he said.

“I’m a bit overwhelmed really and very surprised.

“It has come out the blue. I am always chatty like most postmen are, but everybody is very nice and I am very lucky,” he said

Testaments from other, anonymous residents of the Old Millmeads estate are also supportive of Mr Griffin.

He is described as ‘an asset to the Neighbourhood Watch’, ‘reliable, helpful and honest’, and ‘a fantastic postman’.

Royal Mail spokesperson Sally Hopkins said: “It is always gratifying when our customers recognise the hard work of their postman or woman.

“As part of the changes we introduced last month to Royal Mail services in the Horsham area some customers may notice that a different postman or woman will deliver their mail.

“However, we can assure customers that all our staff are trained to the same high standards and quality of service will be maintained.”

If the Post Office decide to proceed with the reorganisation of Mr Griffin’s delivery route, the changes will come into place on September 2.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by fishtank »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Mr Griffin’s customers have been busy writing letters to the Post Office, which received ten letters on one day alone.

So when is Mr Griffin,the super postie who has a "rapport" with his customers going to be honest and tell them they are wasting their time and money?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

:Very Happy
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by postypie »

When has Royal Mail ever listened to its customers?
protect us
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 167
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 23:27

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by protect us »

oh dear what a shame - myself along with many other poor souls and 12yrs service ALSO lost our rounds with the STUPIDITY of the revisions etc etc and again ALL my customers didnt want to lose myself and knowledge , trust , respect etc but the changes get pushed through regardless and for no reasons whatsoever to help neither the staff or customers !
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by spoodoo »

I've asked to get my erm,duty tested ,,how does this work when it's now 2 in a van ? At the mo I'm bombing on tryin to get finished on time ,not happening . Can you demand it be tested ASAP ? Coz I'm fed up of the constant hassle
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by scoobydo79 »

Thats right stir em all up so the customers on the round hate the new bloke who has to do it :roll:
timemax
Posts: 22
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by timemax »

I am in the same position, my walk is being taken out on the same date and I also have been on the same round for over twelve years. I delivered the explanatory letter Royal Mail produced ( to save me having to tell people ) and like Mark have been inundated with customers being angry at losing their regular Postie and asking what they could do to help. I have explained to them the ruthless and uncaring attitude of Royal Mail management in all that they do and not to waste their time and breath in any way ! Like Mark I did not realise just to what extent my customers appreciated me, but any protest would be futile.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by Pinky 1 »

So the Horsham community are up in arms 'cause they're losing their postman ?


Wait 'til they've lost their Royal Mail ...........
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by Brainache »

scoobydo79 wrote:Thats right stir em all up so the customers on the round hate the new bloke who has to do it :roll:
I agree. Most of us have lost rounds in the past at a re-sign because someone with more seniority has baged it. Tough luck- get on with it.
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by Red Robbo »

I bet he's been stirring it up with the locals because he's going to lose the delivery on seniority with the re-shuffle, how do we know he got it on seniority in the first place anyway ? :Boo hoo!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

spoodoo wrote:I've asked to get my erm,duty tested ,,how does this work when it's now 2 in a van ? At the mo I'm bombing on tryin to get finished on time ,not happening . Can you demand it be tested ASAP ? Coz I'm fed up of the constant hassle
FT has good advice in here http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ed#p574048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - my advice would be if there is constant stress then start pushing back with cut offs, grievances, keeping a diary etc.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by spoodoo »

Cheers t b .
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by gary1975 »

spoodoo wrote:I've asked to get my erm,duty tested ,,how does this work when it's now 2 in a van ? At the mo I'm bombing on tryin to get finished on time ,not happening . Can you demand it be tested ASAP ? Coz I'm fed up of the constant hassle
yeah they will test it on a tuesday and put two runners on it :nana :nana :nana
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Long-serving postman could move to a new round

Post by Lounge Lizard »

As Royal Mail is forever seeking new sources of funding maybe they will introduce a scheme whereby we can buy extra seniority, maybe £5,000 or so for each additional year. :shock:
Horsham's a wealthy area and Mr Griffin's loyal supporters would surely put their money where their mouths are and each chipping in about £1,000 just might enable him to keep his round. :Very Happy
I'm sure the CWU wouldn't object to such a scheme. :crazy: