ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MP Blasts Post Office

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

MP Blasts Post Office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.ayrshirepost.net/ayrshire-ne ... -33724223/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Sandra Osborne has hit out at an ‘unacceptably unreliable’ post office service in Rankinston.

The MP said she was outraged after hearing the mobile post office van did not visit the village on Monday or Tuesday last week.

The Post Office later told Mrs Osborne the van was off the road on Monday for a routine audit, and on Tuesday it broke down.
Normal service resumed on Wednesday.

The Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock Labour MP blasted: ‘This situation is totally unacceptable.

“The mobile service was introduced following closure of the local branch.

“But it is becoming more and more unreliable, and is falling short of what was promised at the time.”

Mrs Osborne added: “I have contacted the Post Office to express my serious concerns over the poor service.

“Rankinston relies heavily on the mobile service, but it has become unacceptably unreliable for my constituents, and I have raised concerns over this on many occasions.”

The MP went on: “I have urged them to take measures to ensure the delivery of a dependable service in Rankinston, and I will continue to follow this issue closely.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: MP Blasts Post Office

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Do they not realise that POL just don't care?
Just like RM.
They will do whatever they want, and it usually results in cost cutting, and pathetic excuses.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.