http://onthewight.com/2013/08/15/newchu ... e-postman/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you are a Newchurch resident why not pop along to show your appreciation for Postman Pete’s 35 years of service.
The postman for the Newchurch area will have his last day this Saturday. He’s been working this route for 35 years and has taken retirement due to, I’m told, the Royal Mail making work life difficult.
A shame as ‘Pete the Postman’ has always provided superior postal service – the highest standard the Royal Mail has provided in the past.
I don’t expect to have the same exceptional, cheerful service from the Royal Mail again (especially with the Tories and LibDems selling the Royal Mail to a private, profits motivated corporation).
Presentation to Pete
A collection was taken from those on Pete’s route and today, Thursday 15 Aug, there is a gathering to present Pete with a check of the collection at the Pointer Inn, Newchurch High Street at 1700.
Do come along if Pete was your trusty postman.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Newchurch residents rally round for ‘Pete the Postman’
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Newchurch residents rally round for ‘Pete the Postman’
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.