ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman spat has residents crying foul

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/ ... -1-5951150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neighbours on a street where a postman was shot in the face with BB pellets are up in arms over Royal Mail’s suspension of deliveries on their street.

Royal Mail halted deliveries to Rossett Avenue on Blackpool’s Mereside Estate after postman Paul Shermer was shot at by youths wielding a BB gun as he made his rounds on Saturday.

People living on the street received letters from Royal Mail on Monday advising them their post deliveries had been suspended while an investigation was carried out.

Despite the company declaring deliveries should return to normal by today, residents said they were angry at having to make trips to the sorting office on Abingdon Street in the town centre in the mean time.

Tammy Eade, 37, said: “I can’t afford to go to Abingdon Street everyday as I’d have to take my kids with me. But if I don’t pick it up, they will get rid of it after 18 days.

“Why should we be punished for something other kids have done? Everyone is upset and angry about this.”

Helen Clark, 37, added: “It’s a nightmare.”

She said she and her husband, Alan, had been ringing Royal Mail all day on Monday for answers, but hadn’t been able to get through.

Another resident, who asked not to be named, said the incident had left her scared.

The pensioner said: “It’s disgraceful that we should all suffer for one stupid person.

“I am frightened to live here.”

Police are investigating the shooting.

Post should be service as usual from today

A spokesman for Royal Mail said deliveries to Rossett Avenue should resume from today.

The spokesman said: “Our first priority as an employer in such incidents is to ensure the welfare and safety of our people, who provide a valuable service to our customers. Police have investigated the incident and we plan to resume deliveries to affected customers from (Wednesday). We apologise for the inconvenience while this suspension was in place.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by DGP1 »

People are idiots, they seems to think it's ok that a posties can be attacked in the street just so long as they get their post :roll:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by Darren Bent »

a trip every 3 days is enough for majority of people rather than every day.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by Sidley »

“I am frightened to live here.”

But you're pissing and moaning that you're inconvenienced by RM's refusal to send a postie to that very place.

Give your head a wobble you coffin dodging tool.

"Tammy"

'Nuff said!
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by Stormproof »

Image
Jeremy Kyle candidates :cuppa

So RM have bowed to customers moaning and f**k the postie, I doubt any investigation has taken part.

Meanwhile Tammy Eade said 'I can't afford to go to Abingdon Street everyday, as we pass 3 Greggs and a MacDonalds on the way.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by bigcol »

Can only assume a manager is going to deliver their mail. If I was asked I'd tell them to get f****d. :no no
aposter
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 205
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by aposter »

Stormproof wrote:
Meanwhile Tammy Eade said 'I can't afford to go to Abingdon Street everyday, as we pass 3 Greggs and a MacDonalds on the way.
Another resident claimed they where also struggling to afford the round trip as their son needs more ammunition for the BB gun bought for christmas
Tanker007
Posts: 28
Joined: 15 Jun 2013, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by Tanker007 »

Stormproof wrote:Image
Jeremy Kyle candidates :cuppa

So RM have bowed to customers moaning and f**k the postie, I doubt any investigation has taken part.

Meanwhile Tammy Eade said 'I can't afford to go to Abingdon Street everyday, as we pass 3 Greggs and a MacDonalds on the way.
awww!.. what a lovely couple.I am surprised they haven't asked the local council to send a van to collect their mail, they look like 2 fine upstanding pillocks of the community .
When I am out on my round I get acknowledged by a few decent customers but normally I am totally ignored and treated like a leper by people like these.
RM don't give a toss about posties either, even when you have been ripped apart by a dog .. its all about the figures nothing else, posties = drones = expendable.

:Applause :Applause
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Postie/Drones - sounds like a good idea.

Eliminates Dogs and scroates by a click of a mouse by some airman in Waddington. :hmmmm

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

They look a charming couple.

How hard is it for them to understand? (Well, they hardly look like rocket scientists).
SOMEBODY SHOT A POSTIE.....STUFF YOUR MAIL.
Get the little sh***s names to the police so they can be dealt with.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
char1ie
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 Jul 2013, 20:50
Gender: Male

Re: Postman spat has residents crying foul

Post by char1ie »

Looks as if they are standing waiting for Brighthouse to bring them their 50" flat screen.