ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
where are you on the seniority list
-
westy23
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 10:35
- Gender: Male
Re: where are you on the seniority list
Got to agree, it's still a decent job.
Have done 43 years and always got paid on time,
Have had my share of sick and been paid, got lots of special leave A when wife was ill.
Can count one hand the amount of times I wanted overtime and not got any.
Yes I have my bad days/weeks and been pissed of with the managers.
And it does seem that deliverys have got the messy end of the stick nowadays.
But there is not much else about that I could do at 58 and despite what some may say the pay is very good.
Have done 43 years and always got paid on time,
Have had my share of sick and been paid, got lots of special leave A when wife was ill.
Can count one hand the amount of times I wanted overtime and not got any.
Yes I have my bad days/weeks and been pissed of with the managers.
And it does seem that deliverys have got the messy end of the stick nowadays.
But there is not much else about that I could do at 58 and despite what some may say the pay is very good.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: where are you on the seniority list
Or nobody with any seniority leaves.OnAFlyer wrote:So what we can ascertain from this thread, is that despite so many people apparently hating the job nobody ever leaves....
Most people who leave do so in the first couple of years.
Once you've been in for 5 or so years it's unlikely you'll go anywhere but that's the same for most jobs especially in the current economic climate.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Twitch
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 18 Jan 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
- Location: Middle Earth
Re: where are you on the seniority list
171 out off 185 :(
Been there 6 months today
Been there 6 months today
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: where are you on the seniority list
Only been there 7 months yesterday so I'm right at the bottom. 
-
roger
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 18:51
Re: where are you on the seniority list
I hope that you get a/l based on your combined service.eian687 wrote:gone down 3 places in our revision, with 3 part timers now made up to full time. got 13 years in this time around, did 14 1/2 years beforewhy the f@~k did i come back
![]()
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: where are you on the seniority list
I am 8th and have one of the longest rounds in the office so something is wrong. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: where are you on the seniority list
Nearly 16 yrs service and about 34 of 160 ish
-
eian687
- Posts: 743
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
- Location: south wales
Re: where are you on the seniority list
didn't for a while but thanks to this site i found out i was entitled and after a few months of arguing i got my annual leave up to six weeks and a back dated payment of over £2500roger wrote:I hope that you get a/l based on your combined service.eian687 wrote:gone down 3 places in our revision, with 3 part timers now made up to full time. got 13 years in this time around, did 14 1/2 years beforewhy the f@~k did i come back
![]()
so thanx royal mail chat
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: where are you on the seniority list
Every time someone above me retires/gets sacked or moves elsewhere, they just get rid of the job so we never move up.
We just stagnate and suffer where we are.
We just stagnate and suffer where we are.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: where are you on the seniority list
You picked the wrong duty?krussel wrote:I am 8th and have one of the longest rounds in the office so something is wrong.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: where are you on the seniority list
OnAFlyer wrote:So what we can ascertain from this thread, is that despite so many people apparently hating the job nobody ever leaves....
Its the money mate thats all, everybody has a job that they hate but do it only for the money. you should by idler's book "crap jobs" for a look at some really really crap jobs about, postmen was rated 7th out 100.
As for me 27 years in and 44 out of 320, a long wait for the top position, by then Royal Mail will probably be a shadow of its former self, if privatisation kicks in.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
michael147
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 19 Jul 2007, 22:51
- Location: TURIN
Re: where are you on the seniority list
Reached the 20 year mark yesterday (i would not have got that for murder)!
Still only 15th out of about 50,when i started only two men had 20 years service,now its nigh on a third of the office!
Nobody leaves.
Still only 15th out of about 50,when i started only two men had 20 years service,now its nigh on a third of the office!
Nobody leaves.
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: where are you on the seniority list
Coming up to 3.5 years, 23 out of 25.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.