ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office Results

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
obiwanknobe
POST OFFICE
Posts: 58
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 11:05
Gender: Male

Post Office Results

Post by obiwanknobe »

POL have announced their results.

Operating Loss has improved by £3m (excluding Subsidy etc)

Paula Vennels has received a £375k bonus.

In other words without the bonus the performance of Post Office Ltd would have been TEN PERCENT better.

In other words without PV, POL's performance would probably have been TEN TIMES BETTER.

This on the day they circulated a Branch Focus magazine with the word 'Bus' spelt incorrectly. Once might have been a Typo but TWICE????

The editor is probably the very same person in their communication team that can't spell communication.

May your bonus be with you

Obi
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Post Office Results

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

It's no wonder no one in POL likes Vennels.
They're still losing money, screwing PO Subpostmasters to the wall by reducing their payments, AGAIN.
Trying to get rid of Crown offices and not giving the staff there a decent pay rise, let alone a good one.
Yet, she still sees it as fine to accept a bonus that big.
Senior management = no conscience. :no no
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Post Office Results

Post by k979aaa »

So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. :confused
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Post Office Results

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. :confused
Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus.... :shock:
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Post Office Results

Post by k979aaa »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. :confused
Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus.... :shock:
I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Post Office Results

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

k979aaa wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. :confused
Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus.... :shock:
I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.
I don't know.
But she isn't the first, and she won't be the last.
Banks have done it recently, like the RBS boss, can't remember the losses but it was millions, just like his bonus. Think they argued he deserved it as he'd reduced the amount of loss they'd suffered from the previous years. Just think how much they'd get if they were actually GOOD at their jobs. :shock:
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Post Office Results

Post by k979aaa »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. :confused
Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus.... :shock:
I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.
I don't know.
But she isn't the first, and she won't be the last.
Banks have done it recently, like the RBS boss, can't remember the losses but it was millions, just like his bonus. Think they argued he deserved it as he'd reduced the amount of loss they'd suffered from the previous years. Just think how much they'd get if they were actually GOOD at their jobs. :shock:
It is time we in royal mail made a stand like all the crown post office staff have I salute them all. :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Post Office Results

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

k979aaa wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. :confused
Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus.... :shock:
I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.
I don't know.
But she isn't the first, and she won't be the last.
Banks have done it recently, like the RBS boss, can't remember the losses but it was millions, just like his bonus. Think they argued he deserved it as he'd reduced the amount of loss they'd suffered from the previous years. Just think how much they'd get if they were actually GOOD at their jobs. :shock:
It is time we in royal mail made a stand like all the crown post office staff have I salute them all. :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
Me too.
Though, I get the impression POL are waiting for them to get fed up of striking with no prospect of a deal being close, and simply going back to work and accepting everything that the company wants to impose on them.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Post Office Results

Post by Brain Fury »

k979aaa wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. :confused
Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus.... :shock:
I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.
Presumably because her bonusable objectives for the year were to reduce the loss as part of a longer term objective to eliminate it. If the business reached the target loss she was given then she's entitled to her bonus.

I understand it seems illogical but if you have an annual bonus scheme based on achieving objectives then you have to give people targets that can be reached within the year. I guess it will take more than a year to turn round POL.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Post Office Results

Post by k979aaa »

Brain Fury wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. :confused
Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus.... :shock:
I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.
Presumably because her bonusable objectives for the year were to reduce the loss as part of a longer term objective to eliminate it. If the business reached the target loss she was given then she's entitled to her bonus.

I understand it seems illogical but if you have an annual bonus scheme based on achieving objectives then you have to give people targets that can be reached within the year. I guess it will take more than a year to turn round POL.
Lets hope her tenure will be curtailed and the workers get their just rewards.