ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Red Robbo wrote:What are the strings attached to pay, and incidently RM still closed the Royal Mail Pension Plan and opened the CARE scheme despite the I/A last time ?

Strings - more like chains but not as many as 2010. As I understand it they are:

Bonus payment linked to a no strike deal up to Christmas.
Acceptance of Privatisation
No challenge on changes to Pension.

Then saying we sign up to a nebulous "agenda for growth and industrial stability” which I think means a No strike deal, but no details.

Also the 8.6% is not guaranteed it can be revisited by both parties.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
teesdale
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 430
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 16:31

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by teesdale »

I need an excellent pay rise because I have had to put up with the farce that is world class mail. And it still goes on burning up my colleague shares money. Protection now, of my terms and conditions into the future, is definitely worth fighting for. A legal document signed by Fallon and the Government will do. Feel a little bit sorry for the managers even after all that has happened but it still may not be privatised, anything can happen.
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by axeman »

yes your right redman or is that slight tint toward brown I detect ? don't believe there's a capital venture concern that would touch r.m with a barge pole let alone open arms as concerns grow with a less than happy workforce in tow
of course the three years is wonderful so your screwed and so will your pension be yes r.m a world class company run by psychopaths

seems like you've sold your soul to r.m have you redman or do you hail from rm chat a defunct think tank for your company of vastly overated jumped up managers ----
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by k979aaa »

Without dismissing others opinions I would think most managers cannot think for themselves hence they believe all royal mails propaganda machine they just love the tortoise and the hare and RM TV and WCM. Most postmen/women have had all to many false promises and as such are not indoctrinated into the propaganda which Royal Mail pushes to us all. The time is now right for all to make their voices heard we have endured so much in the time since we last took action LETS DO IT NOW!
rolf
Posts: 110
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:54

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by rolf »

Why the hell would feel sorry for managers, let them get everything that is coming to them, hope they put back to opg and then told they're lapsing every day for no overtime like my office, sack the lot of them we can manage without them.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by dvbuk55 »

redman wrote:I know I am a Manager and my views will no doubt go down like a lead balloon but .......

8.6% is a hell of a pay rise over 3yrs, many workers including public sector are taking pay cuts and will continue to do so. The public won't support this argument despite strings.

Privatisation- In my opinion ( for what its worth) if you strike the government won't float RM, it will be sold to a venture capital concern, possibly a company from the USA and these people play hardball with workers rights and you can expect a change of terms and conditions a lot sooner. Floating on the stock market might not be everyone's cup of tea but at least you have a guarantee of three years and the free shares. The shares will be worth something despite scaremongering and comparison to the valueless ones we had.

The offer under a Tory Government that destroyed the coal and steel industry is a good one.
Bollocks!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by dvbuk55 »

September has 30 days and so it's a fair way off between now and the result of a ballot. The Union should have set a time limit, the talks will commence on x and unless some resolution is reached a national ballot will take place on y.

Now the problem is getting a large enough majority for IA and it has to be a national coverage not the usual hardcore militant areas but throughout every area and the union need to get their full time release reps drumming up support NOW - not wait until the sh*t hits the fan. Get in every office and speak to the members, especially those lazy arsed reps who sit around most of the year playing pat-a-cake and slapping one another on the back for feck all. They are the ones who need a wake up call.
redman
Posts: 56
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 15:35

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by redman »

I shouldn't give toss what happens, I am at the right end of life to be able to go without any real money worries. I wasn't always a manager, I was a postman, a driver and have been a manager 23 years. If you think I am happy about everything and have had my brainwashed your completely wrong. I am though a realist and my post was my opinion. Even on a site like this I am entitled to my opinion- right or wrong. I don't lurk or deny my position.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by dvbuk55 »

redman wrote:I shouldn't give toss what happens, I am at the right end of life to be able to go without any real money worries. I wasn't always a manager, I was a postman, a driver and have been a manager 23 years. If you think I am happy about everything and have had my brainwashed your completely wrong. I am though a realist and my post was my opinion. Even on a site like this I am entitled to my opinion- right or wrong. I don't lurk or deny my position.
You are entitled to your opinion but fortunately for you the strictures under this deal don't apply to you. You was a postman and driver 23 years ago - well not to put too fine a point on your circumstances you have no idea of the changes in delivery in the intervening years red - you aren't a member of the CWU so you don't get to vote - but lets see what your union puts forward when you get your silver shaft.
redman
Posts: 56
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 15:35

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by redman »

dvbuk55 wrote:
redman wrote:I shouldn't give toss what happens, I am at the right end of life to be able to go without any real money worries. I wasn't always a manager, I was a postman, a driver and have been a manager 23 years. If you think I am happy about everything and have had my brainwashed your completely wrong. I am though a realist and my post was my opinion. Even on a site like this I am entitled to my opinion- right or wrong. I don't lurk or deny my position.
You are entitled to your opinion but fortunately for you the strictures under this deal don't apply to you. You was a postman and driver 23 years ago - well not to put too fine a point on your circumstances you have no idea of the changes in delivery in the intervening years red - you aren't a member of the CWU so you don't get to vote - but lets see what your union puts forward when you get your silver shaft.
Of course I have an idea of change in delivery, I am a DOM, DIM or whatever else derogatory we are called. I have to manage the changes, the lapsing, the making people work their hours etc. I am not blind and I am fully aware of the pressures on frontline staff and the difficulty on delivery. Especially for the older members of my staff since the retirement age went up. I am not deluded and certainly not brainwashed and I don't drink coffee all morning and go home at ten on a Saturday.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by Judgee »

redman wrote: I am not deluded and certainly not brainwashed and I don't drink coffee all morning and go home at ten on a Saturday.
Then you're not a proper manager and are clearly just on a wind up! :nana
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by dvbuk55 »

redman wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
redman wrote:I shouldn't give toss what happens, I am at the right end of life to be able to go without any real money worries. I wasn't always a manager, I was a postman, a driver and have been a manager 23 years. If you think I am happy about everything and have had my brainwashed your completely wrong. I am though a realist and my post was my opinion. Even on a site like this I am entitled to my opinion- right or wrong. I don't lurk or deny my position.
You are entitled to your opinion but fortunately for you the strictures under this deal don't apply to you. You was a postman and driver 23 years ago - well not to put too fine a point on your circumstances you have no idea of the changes in delivery in the intervening years red - you aren't a member of the CWU so you don't get to vote - but lets see what your union puts forward when you get your silver shaft.
Of course I have an idea of change in delivery, I am a DOM, DIM or whatever else derogatory we are called. I have to manage the changes, the lapsing, the making people work their hours etc. I am not blind and I am fully aware of the pressures on frontline staff and the difficulty on delivery. Especially for the older members of my staff since the retirement age went up. I am not deluded and certainly not brainwashed and I don't drink coffee all morning and go home at ten on a Saturday.
You're certainly deluded if you think you know the extent of the changes - you don't do it - you supervise it, knowing the pressures and FEELING them are NOT one and the same thing.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by k979aaa »

redman wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
redman wrote:I shouldn't give toss what happens, I am at the right end of life to be able to go without any real money worries. I wasn't always a manager, I was a postman, a driver and have been a manager 23 years. If you think I am happy about everything and have had my brainwashed your completely wrong. I am though a realist and my post was my opinion. Even on a site like this I am entitled to my opinion- right or wrong. I don't lurk or deny my position.
You are entitled to your opinion but fortunately for you the strictures under this deal don't apply to you. You was a postman and driver 23 years ago - well not to put too fine a point on your circumstances you have no idea of the changes in delivery in the intervening years red - you aren't a member of the CWU so you don't get to vote - but lets see what your union puts forward when you get your silver shaft.
Of course I have an idea of change in delivery, I am a DOM, DIM or whatever else derogatory we are called. I have to manage the changes, the lapsing, the making people work their hours etc. I am not blind and I am fully aware of the pressures on frontline staff and the difficulty on delivery. Especially for the older members of my staff since the retirement age went up. I am not deluded and certainly not brainwashed and I don't drink coffee all morning and go home at ten on a Saturday.
Then you should know why the front line staff have had enough it is not enough just to pass orders from the top down sometimes it is the positions of management to make hard choices and confront those above them and not just to those below them. As someone who served his time and went through the ranks as it was then why shy away from those above you?.
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by jack »

redman wrote

Of course I have an idea of change in delivery, I am a DOM, DIM or whatever else derogatory we are called. I have to manage the changes, the lapsing, the making people work their hours etc. I am not blind and I am fully aware of the pressures on frontline staff and the difficulty on delivery. Especially for the older members of my staff since the retirement age went up. I am not deluded and certainly not brainwashed and I don't drink coffee all morning and go home at ten on a Saturday.


You certainly aint my DOM then. My DOM occasionally works Saturdays, attempts to enforce lapsing past contracted hours, disregards request for annual leave, couldn't careless about peoples problems.. and does not adhere to the national agreements :no no ......I could go on.... :thumbdown
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: CWU agrees Royal Mail strike ballot

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Of course I have an idea of change in delivery, I am a DOM, DIM or whatever else derogatory we are called. I have to manage the changes, the lapsing, the making people work their hours etc. I am not blind and I am fully aware of the pressures on frontline staff and the difficulty on delivery. Especially for the older members of my staff since the retirement age went up. I am not deluded and certainly not brainwashed and I don't drink coffee all morning and go home at ten on a Saturday.
Redman, if that's genuinely the case, and you would be in an extremely tiny minority if it is, then why don't you and the rest of the DOM's up and down the country grow some balls, and tell your own managers NO. It's a step too far, breaking point was reached years ago, and they're still pushing for more work in less time.
Or do you, like most others, just say yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir, and do as you're told, with the promise of an ever bigger bonus, built from the hard work and suffering of front line staff?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.