dvbuk55 wrote:I believe we should strike but only if we can win. In order to win we need to have a committed CWU and membership to see it through and for that we need to have visits from Area and Div Reps to all offices, if necessary to speak to each and every individual and be seen to support the pickets. Despite manning and even organising pickets last time not a single visit from a full time release bod. I don't believe the union was up for the fight but they need to be this time or it's goodnight Vienna. It's strange but every time I see the membership figure reported recently it seems to have gone down, now reported to be 115k.
how do you know whether we can win until we strike !! I will arrange for some one to come down and hold your hand !!
come on people , there is no certainty we can stop Privatisation even if we do strike, Dave or Billy cant wave a magic wand and make everything perfectly alright ? The Union is basically a reformist body , they just do deals some better than others . each individual will have different views on the world we live. do I care about Privatisation and all it entails , No not really I will take my chance and see what happens over the coming years or Yes I do care RM should be run for the benefit of everyone as a Public service and I am prepared to strike over it and lose money. Seriously, I don't need an Area Rep or Billy or Dave to tell me that !! equally many people will not have an idea because they don't give a toss and anyway the footie season starts again this Saturday !!
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
Communication Workers Union deputy general secretary Dave Ward said that patience among staff was “wearing thin”.
He said: “Unless we can secure robust protections for jobs, pay and terms and conditions we are asking our reps to endorse a policy of holding a national industrial action ballot no later than September.”
this is a quote from Dave in a Wigan newspaper. the Union want a deal with RM but the RM are playing hard ball as usual . no mention of actually trying to stop the Privatisation . RM will probably wait until the result of the ballot , then a deal will de done and with the £2000 of shares malarkey on top , job done. the Union just do deals , period . its a Capitalist society don't forget , the Tories are in charge and the Unions are swimming against the tide !!
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
Borders , after the boycott injunction threat , don't you think the fact you can legally ballot against privatisation is driving some of the press statements. Lets face it if Royal Mail were to agree to all the union demands it would be pointless selling the company as they could not outsource , have a two tier workforce , have zero contracts , attack terms and conditions , they would sign into job security.
We all know they are not going to go far enough to satisfy the CWU and that will be the basis of the industrial action ballot. The fact it might put off any investors is purely coincidence.
dvbuk55 wrote:I believe we should strike but only if we can win. In order to win we need to have a committed CWU and membership to see it through and for that we need to have visits from Area and Div Reps to all offices, if necessary to speak to each and every individual and be seen to support the pickets. Despite manning and even organising pickets last time not a single visit from a full time release bod. I don't believe the union was up for the fight but they need to be this time or it's goodnight Vienna. It's strange but every time I see the membership figure reported recently it seems to have gone down, now reported to be 115k.
how do you know whether we can win until we strike !! I will arrange for some one to come down and hold your hand !!
come on people , there is no certainty we can stop Privatisation even if we do strike, Dave or Billy cant wave a magic wand and make everything perfectly alright ? The Union is basically a reformist body , they just do deals some better than others . each individual will have different views on the world we live. do I care about Privatisation and all it entails , No not really I will take my chance and see what happens over the coming years or Yes I do care RM should be run for the benefit of everyone as a Public service and I am prepared to strike over it and lose money. Seriously, I don't need an Area Rep or Billy or Dave to tell me that !! equally many people will not have an idea because they don't give a toss and anyway the footie season starts again this Saturday !!
You would see from the ballot result what percentage was in favour of IA and that would indicate how effective the strike would be. Whatever fight you choose there is no guarantee you are going to win but you have to believe you can. There would be an impact on privatisation merely with the successful IA ballot.
dvbuk55 wrote:I believe we should strike but only if we can win. In order to win we need to have a committed CWU and membership to see it through and for that we need to have visits from Area and Div Reps to all offices, if necessary to speak to each and every individual and be seen to support the pickets. Despite manning and even organising pickets last time not a single visit from a full time release bod. I don't believe the union was up for the fight but they need to be this time or it's goodnight Vienna. It's strange but every time I see the membership figure reported recently it seems to have gone down, now reported to be 115k.
how do you know whether we can win until we strike !! I will arrange for some one to come down and hold your hand !!
come on people , there is no certainty we can stop Privatisation even if we do strike, Dave or Billy cant wave a magic wand and make everything perfectly alright ? The Union is basically a reformist body , they just do deals some better than others . each individual will have different views on the world we live. do I care about Privatisation and all it entails , No not really I will take my chance and see what happens over the coming years or Yes I do care RM should be run for the benefit of everyone as a Public service and I am prepared to strike over it and lose money. Seriously, I don't need an Area Rep or Billy or Dave to tell me that !! equally many people will not have an idea because they don't give a toss and anyway the footie season starts again this Saturday !!
You would see from the ballot result what percentage was in favour of IA and that would indicate how effective the strike would be. Whatever fight you choose there is no guarantee you are going to win but you have to believe you can. There would be an impact on privatisation merely with the successful IA ballot.