ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman makes a golden trip around UK

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman makes a golden trip around UK

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/more- ... -1-5313190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A postman is travelling the UK visiting all 105 Olympic and Paralympic gold painted postboxes including the one at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.

Gary White, 29, who grew up in Waddesdon, has raised more than £900 for Motor Neurone Disease Association in memory of his aunt, Christine Goodall, who died at 56 from the disease in Arkansas.

Mr White said: “It’s a bit different doing this.

“I enjoy driving about and seeing the country.”

Mr White, who has now driven 2,500 miles, has also been sending postcards at each letterbox with the gold medal winner stamps which he had intended to send to his aunt before her death.

He added: “The Olympics was a feel good time and I’m trying to tap into that.

“But it’s more for my aunt to make use of the stamps I bought to give to her.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postman makes a golden trip around UK

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.goldenpost.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Between 28th June - 5th July, and 20th - 25th july, I am embarking on a journey around mainland UK visiting all 104 gold postboxes, to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
In 2012, every time a Team GB Athlete won a gold medal in the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Royal Mail painted a new postbox gold. These postboxes are located in the home towns of the corresponding athletes. At each post box I will be taking a photo, and posting a postcard, using the stamp that was produced for the corresponding gold medal

Why am I doing this? I am raising money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association, in memory of my Aunt who died from this condition in 2012. Click on the link by the fundraising box to read more about my story - and if you are feeling generous, you can donate directly to the charity here too!

You can follow my progress from this page - a live map, most recent blog entries and tweets are all displayed below. Thanks for visiting!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.