ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
Not so much a quote but this guy who became an acting manager couldn't stop saying the word 'basically' in his WTL sessions. It got so bad we started a sweepstake as to how many times he would say it for each WTL. Bet he wondered why we were all listening so intently to what he said. He didn't last by the way. He is just a basic postie again.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
"Why would I lie to you all, I am an honest man"
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
our gaffers favourite is "What they're NOW saying is......."
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
Another one is......''well the other postie can deliver the round in time''...(the other postie being 20 years younger/fitter/and runs round like a lunatic to get back for his ot)..whick brings me to another point!
DO ROYAL MAIL recognise staff get older?
Do they expect a 60 year old postie to be as fast as a 18 year old on delivery?
DO ROYAL MAIL recognise staff get older?
Do they expect a 60 year old postie to be as fast as a 18 year old on delivery?
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
I believe that it's "inconclusive"
I think some people are taking the piss
I won't be here Saturday but ill be thinking of you all
I think some people are taking the piss
I won't be here Saturday but ill be thinking of you all
-
demon
- Posts: 732
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
- Gender: Female
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
When referring to the mornings traffic he says "smash it"
-
dids620
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 15:23
- Gender: Male
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
When asking to book one days holiday at least 4 weeks in advance, his reply is "I will have a look but I think we're at the ceiling
-
theboropostie
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
"How long are you going to take? Are you sorting that mail or reading it?"

-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
me: I can't get round this walk is too heavy.
LIno: Of course you can the other bloke did it.
Me: Well he obviously runs round and comes in early, in fact I would like you to come round on delivery with me and perhaps show me how it can be achieved.
Lino: I am too busy to do that
LIno: Of course you can the other bloke did it.
Me: Well he obviously runs round and comes in early, in fact I would like you to come round on delivery with me and perhaps show me how it can be achieved.
Lino: I am too busy to do that
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Groundpounder
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 04 May 2011, 19:52
- Gender: Male
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
We always answer the phone

-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
We should be singing from the same hymn sheet on this one.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
Mine says that quite a bit, come to think of it.olilew wrote:our gaffers favourite is "What they're NOW saying is......."
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
frankfurters
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 22:29
- Gender: Female
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
Every time we get a new manager they always say in their open speech "my door is always open"
-
suz67
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: What is your managers favourate phrase/quote?
"its all gotta go"