ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

why go o strike?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: why go o strike?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

mickeymacca wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Realistically, everybody should already be working to rule.

What are the chances that the early starters and runners will start now? None in my view.

Plus, it's the easiest thing for RM to work around, there would be close to zero effect on the service.
I was mainly referring to overtime gremlin, but take your comment on board. Seems like WTR is OK in principle but not in practice..... :sad:
That would tend to punish PT staff.
Refusing OT will only mean RM get agency staff( or managers) to cover what you and your colleagues leave. So easy to cover.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: why go o strike?

Post by mickeymacca »

I am part time and it would n't bother me doing WTR. However, I see your point and concede I am out of touch with this one....
'Libraries gave us power'