ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

SPDO Woes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
superports
Posts: 171
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
Gender: Male

Re: SPDO Woes

Post by superports »

The fact that he agreed with you and accepted your stance is proof he was just trying it on. I would be very quick to tell his wife if she says one word against you, you will drop them in it. In fact, I probably would anyway.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: SPDO Woes

Post by Lounge Lizard »

postm@np@t wrote:Hi

Just a quick update. Told the bosses husband that I would no longer deliver anything that wasn't part of my job. The others, well that's up to them but made it clear that he was putting all of our jobs at risk. He nodded and agreed but I know that I will now have to watch my every move as his wife (who runs the Post Office that we are attached to) is very vindictive. I know a lot of you may think that I should have shopped them and deep down I fully agree, but that could have meant the end of the SPDO and the merger into the parent office which is very many miles away and don't fancy all of the hassle at my time of life. Life will be made difficult enough as it is so unless they really make my life hell, I will leave it at that but with my options well and truly open.

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread and for all of the advice.
The trouble is that SPDOs might only get a visit from the DOM of the parent office once every Preston Guild, so it's quite likely that the Sub Postmaster/Postmistress will act unreasonably like this or they might have no interest in the deliveries with the Post(wo)men then doing as they please, a bit like lunatics taking over the asylum. :shock:
And of course anyone can buy a Sub Post Office and maybe be very good as a shop keeper but be totally incompetent as regards managing a few staff. :shock:
You've got to work in an SPDO to know what it can be like. :crazy: