Long service rewarded for postman who served Brighton for 40 years
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10553769 ... _40_years/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A veteran postmaster has been handed a long service award for his 40 years at the helm of a busy branch.
Martin Ellison, who is originally from Barnsley, took over the Islingword Road post office, in Brighton, when the job came up in the 70s. In the years since, the 66-year-old has weighed more packages and licked more stamps than he cares to remember.
He said: “The post office has always been the core of my business.
“However, my retail has got bigger. You have to adapt with the times.
“I think every community needs a shop, so when others closed around me, I decided to change what I offer and start offering convenience store stock to cater for the customers – otherwise everyone loses out.”
He now runs the post office side of the business while wife Ann heads the retail side.
He added: “I try to build a good rapport with my customers and show that the post office cares and can help them.
“I’ve had customers come in upset because they’ve filled out their passport applications wrong. I try to help them. There’s a compassionate side to the post office, which is appreciated and shouldn’t be lost.”
He received his 40-year Long Service Award from the Post Office’s field change advisor, Caroline Hoare.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Long service rewarded for postmaster of 40 years
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Long service rewarded for postmaster of 40 years
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.