ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kirakk
Posts: 18
Joined: 03 Jan 2013, 19:37
Gender: Male
Location: Nearest pub

Re: Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Post by kirakk »

ebbzie wrote:Dont wait till Friday , ring your DOM tomorrow and tell him whats happened , it shows you care enough to make the effort to report it straight away .
That's good advice,anybody can make a mistake, just hold your hands up and tell the truth.
dazzlin72
Posts: 321
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
Gender: Male

Re: Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Post by dazzlin72 »

If complaint is made as not received, it's a 2 yr serious warning for not safeguarding mail. If complaint is made that item was delivered, 1 yr serious warning for not safeguarding mail, as can claim upto £1,000 for item being lost, or compensation for item not arriving before 1p.m.
kilrenny
Posts: 61
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 19:23
Gender: Male

Re: Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Post by kilrenny »

its a genuine mistake. you cannot get into bother for a genuine mistake. if you had signed for it and put it in then you would be in bother.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Post by OnAFlyer »

Did you have the SD in with the mail? If so its not a good idea, always keep them separate then posting by mistake can't ever happen.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

OnAFlyer wrote:Did you have the SD in with the mail? If so its not a good idea, always keep them separate then posting by mistake can't ever happen.
I use the blue pouch off bag to store my specials, till I return them to the office or deliver them. Still a chance of making a mistake, but a lot less likely.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Post by Wessex »

I agree that you should never run sign- fors in with the normal post but no harm in putting a card or piece of paper in the bundle as a reminder that you have a sd for that address.
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

Re: Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

I've only been with RM a few months and it happened to me.

I was learning a round but was the driver in a P & L. I collected the van keys and specials from the locker and gave all the specials to the senior postie, as I thought it was the sensible thing to do as he knew the round.

We did the duty and I had one special on my loop on my round the others, three I think, were all for his round. I didn't see any and he didn't mention them at all to me.

The following day was my day off and I get a phone call at home from the DOM asking me what had happened to the special for 12 ***** ***** Road. I replied "What special?" He said there was a special for that address, it went out, it was on my loop so what did I do with it? I said I had no idea, told him I had given all the specials to my partner and I had assumed the three were all for his loops on his round. I said it must have been delivered as I remember delivering to the address but there was nothing to be signed for.

I think it must have been an A5 size envelope with one of the plain white stickers on which can easily be missed, not the blue and grey sticker ones.

I said my partner must have put it in the frame with the rest of the mail and not mentioned it to me me prior to delivering the loop.

So what happened? ............... Diddly squat, nothing! It has never been mentioned since.

I think my partner was a total D*** Head! he should never have put it in the frame and as he did he should have at least warned me about it. A complete T****R!
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
delboy1969
Posts: 95
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: Posted a special without signature by mistake!

Post by delboy1969 »

I've done it a couple of times and been honest about my mistake, had no comeback but both times it was not using a PDA but a card for the customer to sign in good old-fashioned pen.