Shares will be worth f*ck all
£300 lump sum wont get paid
all carrot and stick its all bollox.
If anyone saw the undercover boss programme with DHL, that will be us in a few years
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wondering...
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Wondering...
Secondedeastie wrote:Shares will be worth f*ck all
£300 lump sum wont get paid
all carrot and stick its all bollox.
If anyone saw the undercover boss programme with DHL, that will be us in a few years
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Wondering...
Agree. But not so sure it would take that long.k979aaa wrote:Secondedeastie wrote:Shares will be worth f*ck all
£300 lump sum wont get paid
all carrot and stick its all bollox.
If anyone saw the undercover boss programme with DHL, that will be us in a few years
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
pokos27
- Posts: 657
- Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Wondering...
ok you will get shares, and you will lose meal relief, sick pay and holiday pay
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Wondering...
A simplified view/argument, but quite probably an accurate one. Sadly.pokos27 wrote:ok you will get shares, and you will lose meal relief, sick pay and holiday pay
Though, the actual list of attacks on pay and T&C's will be quite a bit longer.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wondering...
Except for the holiday pay that's protected under the law. Statutory sick pay is £86.78 but I can see RM bringing in the no sick pay for the first 3 days rule.UnhappyGremlin wrote:A simplified view/argument, but quite probably an accurate one. Sadly.pokos27 wrote:ok you will get shares, and you will lose meal relief, sick pay and holiday pay
Though, the actual list of attacks on pay and T&C's will be quite a bit longer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Wondering...
I think that only 4 weeks paid leave pa is mandatory under the Working Time regulations. The extra leave you get with longer service could be scrapped. And if the UK opts out of EU working time regulations as the Tories want, and say they are going to renegotiate, UK workers might not even be guaranteed 4 weeks paid holidays pa.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Except for the holiday pay that's protected under the lawUnhappyGremlin wrote:A simplified view/argument, but quite probably an accurate one. Sadly.pokos27 wrote:ok you will get shares, and you will lose meal relief, sick pay and holiday pay
Though, the actual list of attacks on pay and T&C's will be quite a bit longer.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Wondering...
Maybe I should have gone into further details Teebs.baldrick wrote:I think that only 4 weeks paid leave pa is mandatory under the Working Time regulations. The extra leave you get with longer service could be scrapped. And if the UK opts out of EU working time regulations as the Tories want, and say they are going to renegotiate, UK workers might not even be guaranteed 4 weeks paid holidays pa.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Except for the holiday pay that's protected under the lawUnhappyGremlin wrote:A simplified view/argument, but quite probably an accurate one. Sadly.pokos27 wrote:ok you will get shares, and you will lose meal relief, sick pay and holiday pay
Though, the actual list of attacks on pay and T&C's will be quite a bit longer.
I was referring to the possibility/probability that under new owners, we would have holidays cut to the bare minimum, as Baldrick said, which is currently 28 days. 4 weeks and the 8 Bank Holidays that are the legal minimum, so in effect a cut in holiday pay. So even the basic allowance of 4 weeks and 3 days to start with is too much, and getting to 20 years for 6 weeks (plus 8 BH days) would be a thing of the past.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.