ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Using car in a P&L office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Using car in a P&L office

Post by krussel »

For safety sake this practice should be stopped. If the driver had a serious accident he cold end up doing a jail term for not being insured
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Hawkey99
Posts: 568
Joined: 23 Oct 2011, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Using car in a P&L office

Post by Hawkey99 »

Can anybody please supply a document to show that cars on delivery is not allowed in p&l offices.

Also are manager allowed to carry mail in their cars. ours are forever doing it.

Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Using car in a P&L office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Hawkey99 wrote:Can anybody please supply a document to show that cars on delivery is not allowed in p&l offices.

Also are manager allowed to carry mail in their cars. ours are forever doing it.

Thanks
Buisness Transformation 2010 and beyond agreement.

http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... -_2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Page 23
All delivery revisions will be planned on the basis of no use of private cars. Private cars on
delivery will cease upon the deployment of a Delivery Methods revision in a unit.
Managers - Legally yes if they have the right insurance. But the Union should be discouraging it because if they are doing that it shows that they don't have enough resources.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Hawkey99
Posts: 568
Joined: 23 Oct 2011, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Using car in a P&L office

Post by Hawkey99 »

Thanks Blue Terrier.

while im being a pain, where can i find a copy of the SWW.

thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Using car in a P&L office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Hawkey99 wrote:Thanks Blue Terrier.

while im being a pain, where can i find a copy of the SWW.

thanks
Same document if you mean Shorter Working Week, its spread throughout it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Using car in a P&L office

Post by Postie45 »

arty_morty wrote:Nice to see so many want another postman sacked. I thought it was just my office that was 'all for one and every man for himself'.
'all for one and every man for himself' that sums up the postman using his car quite nicely.
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Using car in a P&L office

Post by arty_morty »

Postie45 wrote:
arty_morty wrote:Nice to see so many want another postman sacked. I thought it was just my office that was 'all for one and every man for himself'.
'all for one and every man for himself' that sums up the postman using his car quite nicely.
I never said it was right, in fact as a driver I hate it. Having someone who's using his car ringing me for bag drops when I've just finished my meal relief really p****s me off, I just don't think they deserve the sack.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
Hjones9007
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 20:44
Gender: Male

Re: Using car in a P&L office

Post by Hjones9007 »

I have a similar issue. In our office 6 of the rounds are in a little village nearby. The posties who are regulars on these rounds live in the village so they take there cars and go home afterwards. First question is this right? And when other posties do there round they take there car and them have to come back to the office using there own fuel etc. it has not affected me personally yet but just thought it is very odd. I am a new postie so might be wrong with my concern.