ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

toilet brakes on rounds

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by dvbuk55 »

celerycelery wrote:I know of a postman who was sacked when caught doing this between 2 hedges between houses. don't risk it.
We had a bloke who was reported for taking a leak in someone's front garden against a tree mid winter wearing a hi-vis waterproof with the attendant steam trail - it was Saturday and we used to be out really early and he assumed they'd still be in bed - he got a warning!
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Why take the risk?
Point out the issue to your manager, and let them sort it. Tell them until they do, you'll be returning to the office.
It's their fault in the first place, they should have ensured there were toilet stops.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by Postie45 »

happened to me once but a long time ago, was holding it in for a long while then couldnt take it any more, the next house where someone wasnt in i managed to nip down their side alley and slash up the side of their house - no better feeling !
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by bigcol »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:I dont have the time.

:d'oh!
POSTWOMAN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 107
Joined: 30 Apr 2010, 20:23
Gender: Female

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by POSTWOMAN »

can someone specify how the rules work regarding taking toilet break vs coming back to the office vs overtime ??
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Its down to your manager to arrange for a place for you to use if there are no toilet facilities on your round. It seems more and more public loos are being closed down by local councillors who have no regard for us outdoor workers. As for the lady who tries not to drink too much on her round, I wonder how she is doing in this heat at the moment. You must keep hydrated. There should be time built into your duty for a comfort break. If your manager won't/can't arrange for a place for you to stop for a loo break then tell him/her you'll be coming back to the office, that should focus their mind on arranging something for you.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by RedBagMan »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote: im 38 now so getting to where I need to bog more often
38 :shock: Bloody hell ... I'm 56 ... use the Prostate argument (after all we are sponsoring them) ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

I once took a dump in a tray in my van.

:Very Happy

Stunk :left:
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by k979aaa »

mandelsons_toenail wrote:I once took a dump in a tray in my van.

:Very Happy

Stunk :left:
Hope you did not put it in the clean mail.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by Brainache »

k979aaa wrote:
mandelsons_toenail wrote:I once took a dump in a tray in my van.

:Very Happy

Stunk :left:
Hope you did not put it in the clean mail.

Squash another tray into it and leave it by the IPS for the following morning :oops:
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Brains wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
mandelsons_toenail wrote:I once took a dump in a tray in my van.

:Very Happy

Stunk :left:
Hope you did not put it in the clean mail.

Squash another tray into it and leave it by the IPS for the following morning :oops:
Stick it in the DOM's office...... :Very Happy
But would they notice? :hmmmm
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Probably promote it....
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by Lateagainpostie »

Barbel wrote:Touch wood, in the 6 months of being a postwoman, I've never needed to go while out delivering. I make sure I go before I leave the office and don't drink too much on my round. God knows what I'd do if I did, it's not like I can lob it out anywhere. :neutral:
You need one of these, my missus uses one when we go out walking

Image
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
SP115
Posts: 178
Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 17:52
Gender: Male
Location: Location: Location

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by SP115 »

Lateagainpostie wrote:
Barbel wrote:Touch wood, in the 6 months of being a postwoman, I've never needed to go while out delivering. I make sure I go before I leave the office and don't drink too much on my round. God knows what I'd do if I did, it's not like I can lob it out anywhere. :neutral:
You need one of these, my missus uses one when we go out walking

Image
:funneh
dav1524
Posts: 64
Joined: 22 Aug 2010, 14:12
Gender: Male

Re: toilet brakes on rounds

Post by dav1524 »

mandelsons_toenail wrote:I once took a dump in a tray in my van.

:Very Happy

Stunk :left:
What did you use for toilet paper.