The company we order all our return labels from also sell these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1000-Barcode- ... 35c61968de
Seems that they're unreadable by any machine, and are purely there to look important. Perhaps it's this sort of thing that you're finding?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New scan on delivery
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: New scan on delivery
Sorry LucasLCC, not them. They are RM 1st class, but they look like a shop barcode"9 0354677825 5". 
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3371
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: New scan on delivery
You can usually tell genuine barcodes from the variety that Reader's Digest stick on their prize draw material to look more credible. If it has large text over it in bright colours screaming REGISTERED POST all over it then that's generally a sign it isn't.
The machine stops.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: New scan on delivery
Does anyone have the red 'Royal mail signature required' stickers on anything now? I haven't seen one for nearly a year, and if it doesn't have one it doesn't get scanned if it doesn't come with the specials.
Tracked items that say 'No signature' then when you have posted them, PDA asks for a signature!
Recently told not to give out items after they have been scanned as No answer, (not even stick the pull off sticker on a card). So when the intended recipient catches me up in the street saying, oh I out in the back garden, can I have my item, I have to say no, can't do that, you have to wait 4 hours until I get back to the office, and you can travel the 10 miles to queue up, where the counter staff will ... put it on card!
Tracked items that say 'No signature' then when you have posted them, PDA asks for a signature!
Recently told not to give out items after they have been scanned as No answer, (not even stick the pull off sticker on a card). So when the intended recipient catches me up in the street saying, oh I out in the back garden, can I have my item, I have to say no, can't do that, you have to wait 4 hours until I get back to the office, and you can travel the 10 miles to queue up, where the counter staff will ... put it on card!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: New scan on delivery
???????????????Mr Rush wrote:You can usually tell genuine barcodes from the variety that Reader's Digest stick on their prize draw material to look more credible. If it has large text over it in bright colours screaming REGISTERED POST all over it then that's generally a sign it isn't.