http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Strikes- ... z2XVh5iHI6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
POSTAL services in Fishponds and the surrounding area could be disrupted by strikes later this summer.
The Communication Workers Union said staff at the Fishponds depot in Station Road, which serves the BS16 postal area including Downend, Staple Hill, Mangotsfield and Pucklechurch, had requested a ballot on strike action.
CWU Bristol area official David Wilshire said the dispute centred on "unworkable changes to delivery patterns" and what staff saw as a refusal to honour an agreement for increased annual leave opportunities.
He said workers at other depots in the city could follow suit.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Strikes could disrupt post
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Strikes could disrupt post
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Strikes could disrupt post
If strikes are voted for, I'm pretty sure they WILL disrupt post, otherwise what's the point?
Seems that we're gathering pace across the country, more and more localised ballots happening, national will follow soon enough.
Does feel like RM are pushing us towards it....
Seems that we're gathering pace across the country, more and more localised ballots happening, national will follow soon enough.
Does feel like RM are pushing us towards it....
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
barbario
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28
Re: Strikes could disrupt post
I think its time we stood together nationally to sort this type of crap out , once and for all, and not leave it for local area's to sort it out themselves.