If you have time to do it, there is something wrong with your IWT.baleout wrote:
Is it against RM rules to do this ? If so please inform us. If we have time to do it what is the problem ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Filling out P739 cards before going out on delivery
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Filling out P739 cards before going out on delivery
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Filling out P739 cards before going out on delivery
or traffic is below the model, or the manager overstaffed, or people on light duties performed other tasks. Lets not repeat managements mistake of making a simple task difficult, or the converse of blaming one issue for a complex systematic failure.clashcityrocker wrote:If you have time to do it, there is something wrong with your IWT.baleout wrote:
Is it against RM rules to do this ? If so please inform us. If we have time to do it what is the problem ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
veryn
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 09:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Filling out P739 cards before going out on delivery
I will always mark a packet by putting in a blank 739 infront of its letters. I just find it easier.
Theres no way you can miss a bright red card, if I wrote a 'p' on its letter then its very easy to miss for me.
plus you don't have to root around trying to find a blank 739 in your pockets, its there in your hand ready .
Theres no way you can miss a bright red card, if I wrote a 'p' on its letter then its very easy to miss for me.
plus you don't have to root around trying to find a blank 739 in your pockets, its there in your hand ready .
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Filling out P739 cards before going out on delivery
We are not allowed to carry any blank 739 cards in case we drop one and a customer fills it in.glenfiddich wrote:
we got told this is a no no as blank cards have been posted and naughty people fill them in and try to claim a packet has gone missing
And we aren't allowed to deliver 739 cards in case the customer alters the number of packets on it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
crammypostie1
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cumbria
Re: Filling out P739 cards before going out on delivery
these should be reportedcyberheater wrote:You know. I quite like that idea.SierraOscarBravo wrote:Others insert a blank P739 into the slot for the address with a packet.
But yes. I've seen quite a few people write up their P739's before they leave. I guess it might save a bit of time when your out there but you're meant to wait after you've rang/knocked on the door anyway. At that point if I can't hear anything moving I start prepping the P739. Just put in details like date and time and return within 24 hours etc... Something I can reuse if they come to the door.
The other day. I banged on the door hard at least 4 times. Completely filled out the P739 and posted it. Started to walk away and some stoner come out in wearing just underpants and asked me for the parcel. This was at 1 in the afternoon
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Filling out P739 cards before going out on delivery
I put empty ones into the fittings to remind me I have a parcel, I used to turn a letter round or write a "P" on the letter but I've missed it a few times when out on delivery due to switching off. I will write out a p739 for people I know won't be in even tho I'll still knock them.