postman nel wrote:Results are in...now the fun starts....long term friends who you drink with..suddenly cross the picket line during strike action. .managers showing us there power....
I wouldn't fall out with my friends if they crossed a picket line,as I know they would be truly desperate to do so.
postman nel wrote:long term friends who you drink with..suddenly cross the picket line during strike action.
Normally Royal Mail let the strike-breakers work in other offices.
Throw a manager's hi-vis on and no-one knows who they are.
I've been in a lot of strikes in 20 years and i've never had a single member or non-member cross any of our picket lines but i'm not naive enough to believe that at least one or two haven't been working at other offices and that all of the "managers" working at ours were really managers.
C'est la guerre..
bollocks to you as well,I wouldn't cross a picket line but if someone is desperate enough to do so that's a matter for his or her conscience and if they can live with that being called a scab ain't going to hurt them.
Each to their own. Not everyone is part of the Union and some people (quite a lot) do not agree with the way the Union is doing things.
Anyway, calling someone a scab is neither here or there but bullying someone is not acceptable even if you think the person is wrong or has a different political view.
Last edited by chrisj on 21 Jun 2013, 00:15, edited 2 times in total.
bollocks to you as well,I wouldn't cross a picket line but if someone is desperate enough to do so that's a matter for his or her conscience and if they can live with that being called a scab ain't going to hurt them.
Do you think we strike for fun we are all desperate for money but most of us are not desperate enough to cross a picket line remember they get the same reward as we do also it was not a personal bollocks to you it was bollocks f..k them strike breakers.
too often i hear "I cant afford to go on strike"
lets face it for the MOST part this is rubbish
Im not naive enough to think there is a decent sized minority where this excuse is true, but most people who claim this purely want to cross picket for other selfish reasons.
for the vast majority of us, you CANT afford to NOT go on strike
Postie45 wrote:too often i hear "I cant afford to go on strike"
lets face it for the MOST part this is rubbish
Im not naive enough to think there is a decent sized minority where this excuse is true, but most people who claim this purely want to cross picket for other selfish reasons.
for the vast majority of us, you CANT afford to NOT go on strike
true that. if we dont do something some of us could end up without jobs entirely in the long run...then we would really struggle to afford anything!
I dont care if we do strike and i have to live on beans.
Nobody can afford to strike,Who wants to lose money ? Feck sake.
I voted against striking the last time we did,But would never dream of Passing a picket line to work and in my eyes SHAME on anyone who does,I couldnt care less for the excuses,We all have commitmen
bollocks to you as well,I wouldn't cross a picket line but if someone is desperate enough to do so that's a matter for his or her conscience and if they can live with that being called a scab ain't going to hurt them.
Do you think we strike for fun we are all desperate for money but most of us are not desperate enough to cross a picket line remember they get the same reward as we do also it was not a personal bollocks to you it was bollocks f..k them strike breakers.