ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fiat Doblo vans

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Fiat Doblo vans

Post by maisymoo04 »

Mute I ment :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Fiat Doblo vans

Post by clashcityrocker »

maisymoo04 wrote:Mute I ment :whistle
But what did you mean by "ormitmgoes"?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: Fiat Doblo vans

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:The stop/start short journeys problem could be to do with moisture in the engine, because the engine isn't reaching its full operating temperature its not burning off excess water and it just starts building up, thats why thrashing it down the motorway for a while is recommended to burn of the water. Take off the oil cap or look at the end of the dipstick, if there's white stuff on it thats your problem. Its not good for any vehicle to do less than a 10 mile run from start up.
No the thrashing down the motorway clears the diesel particulate filter that clogs up with short use :whistle

This then makes the light come on :thumbup
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Fiat Doblo vans

Post by maisymoo04 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:Mute I ment :whistle
But what did you mean by "ormitmgoes"?
Clash it ment to say on mine it goes to mute haha :Applause :crazy: :crazy:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Fiat Doblo vans

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

mandelsons_toenail wrote:
JiminyBillyBob wrote:The stop/start short journeys problem could be to do with moisture in the engine, because the engine isn't reaching its full operating temperature its not burning off excess water and it just starts building up, thats why thrashing it down the motorway for a while is recommended to burn of the water. Take off the oil cap or look at the end of the dipstick, if there's white stuff on it thats your problem. Its not good for any vehicle to do less than a 10 mile run from start up.
No the thrashing down the motorway clears the diesel particulate filter that clogs up with short use :whistle

This then makes the light come on :thumbup
I don't know much about diesel engines? Never worked on one never bought one, I've got more sense than that! I like my cars fast and smooth, not to sound like a tractor.
But I do know diesels are very good and economical for long haul type driving, very bad and costly for short urban type driving.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Fiat Doblo vans

Post by clashcityrocker »

Any truth in the rumour RM is due to buy some new Fiat Doblo trolleys?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Fiat Doblo vans

Post by DB1100 »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:
mandelsons_toenail wrote:
JiminyBillyBob wrote:The stop/start short journeys problem could be to do with moisture in the engine, because the engine isn't reaching its full operating temperature its not burning off excess water and it just starts building up, thats why thrashing it down the motorway for a while is recommended to burn of the water. Take off the oil cap or look at the end of the dipstick, if there's white stuff on it thats your problem. Its not good for any vehicle to do less than a 10 mile run from start up.
No the thrashing down the motorway clears the diesel particulate filter that clogs up with short use :whistle

This then makes the light come on :thumbup
I don't know much about diesel engines? Never worked on one never bought one, I've got more sense than that! I like my cars fast and smooth, not to sound like a tractor.
But I do know diesels are very good and economical for long haul type driving, very bad and costly for short urban type driving.
Only modern diesels with all the trimmings are bad for short work,old type naturally aspirated diesels were brilliant for taxi's but not so good for the air that we breathe.
For we were soldiers once,and young