Yes .....but some can not afford it more than others.spoodoo wrote:We all need to stand together , no point saying I cannot afford it ,nobody can ,,,
Unless those on f/t contracts are going to give some money to their striking p/t colleagues?
Yes .....but some can not afford it more than others.spoodoo wrote:We all need to stand together , no point saying I cannot afford it ,nobody can ,,,
If we don't all stand together we will end up on less hours in the long run or even possibly jobless!thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
october or november if they do the right ballot.overtime ban you can forget to many greedy bastards willing to doTrueBlueTerrier wrote:thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
I'll be stunned, flabbergasted and amazed if there is an Overtime Ban, get the docket in like a squirrel and store it up for the bad times that are fast approaching.
An overtime ban would be just as effective as most if not all MCs and DOs rely on overtime to cleartyfc wrote:I would agree to an overtime ban, if we go on strike we get no pay at all, full time or part time. Some money each week is better than no money at all.
People need to get an overtime ban out of their heads,It isn't going to happen.SpacePhoenix wrote:An overtime ban would be just as effective as most if not all MCs and DOs rely on overtime to cleartyfc wrote:I would agree to an overtime ban, if we go on strike we get no pay at all, full time or part time. Some money each week is better than no money at all.
So when we are on strike you will cross the picket line because you can't afford to work without overtime, when we are privatised there will be no overtime any way so maybe you need to find a full time job then?thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
thecompletepackage wrote:I have a 25 hour contract and tend to work around 40-45 hours a week. I cannot afford to take part in an overtime ban. I live on overtime. I want a full-time contract but asking for one for the last four years just falls on deaf ears, both from the CWU & RM.
Maybe the OPG would like an FT position (within or outside RM). Are you not being a little bit harsh?tyfc wrote:So when we are on strike you will cross the picket line because you can't afford to work without overtime, when we are privatised there will be no overtime any way so maybe you need to find a full time job then?thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
Yes I would like a full-time position at RM and have been asking for one for the last four years. And thanks for the support, this is why I don't give a flying f**k about 'supporting' fellow workers when I get shafted by colleagues, RM & CWU week-in week-out.tyfc wrote:So when we are on strike you will cross the picket line because you can't afford to work without overtime, when we are privatised there will be no overtime any way so maybe you need to find a full time job then?thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
thecompletepackage wrote:Yes I would like a full-time position at RM and have been asking for one for the last four years. And thanks for the support, this is why I don't give a flying f**k about 'supporting' fellow workers when I get shafted by colleagues, RM & CWU week-in week-out.tyfc wrote:So when we are on strike you will cross the picket line because you can't afford to work without overtime, when we are privatised there will be no overtime any way so maybe you need to find a full time job then?thecompletepackage wrote:Well, I can't afford to take part in an overtime ban on a 25 hour contract, so I won't be..............
And as you say when we ARE privatised there'll be no more overtime, so I might as well cross a picket line and earn as much cash as I can before the inevitable.
My family comes first, not my work collegues who don't care about me.