A ban on D2D is probably a better option than failing to process tracked packets as losing workload, upon which employees livelyhoods depend, to your competitors is not something anyone wants. A boycott of any specific stream is likely to escalate quickly to a complete walkout which again is something only to be used as a last resort.
I'm not sure what the answer is. Doing the job properly and only working contracted hours would bring pressure to bear but if it's not supported 100% then this type of action will be protracted. I can understand PT staff not wishing to pass over the opportunity of additional hours but this option would be less painful in financial terms than a strike. As I said before, RM are very good at divide and conquer, and there s already a wedge between PT & FT staff.
Winning this will take clear objectives, good leadership and resolve. There is clearly a very strong mandate as indicated by the ballot results and the events of the next 2 or 3 weeks will be crucial.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
prolonged industrial conflict is inevitable...
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12208
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: prolonged industrial conflict is inevitable...
I can't see that working as RM would be charging people left, right and centre with wilful delay and would give RM an excuse to get rif of more full timers.Darren Bent wrote:I would suggest a ban on door to door
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: prolonged industrial conflict is inevitable...
Couldn't the same be said of a boycott of DSA? (they would have to charge every OPG who took part - wouldn't happen)SpacePhoenix wrote:I can't see that working as RM would be charging people left, right and centre with wilful delay and would give RM an excuse to get rif of more full timers.Darren Bent wrote:I would suggest a ban on door to door
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: prolonged industrial conflict is inevitable...
Budfrog wrote:Couldn't the same be said of a boycott of DSA? (they would have to charge every OPG who took part - wouldn't happen)SpacePhoenix wrote:I can't see that working as RM would be charging people left, right and centre with wilful delay and would give RM an excuse to get rif of more full timers.Darren Bent wrote:I would suggest a ban on door to door
The only way for this to be achievable is to have a rotating strike over three days when the D2Ds and DSA needs to be processed,it would have a significant impact as those items would not be processed and delivered in time for delivery forcing the DSA to either process and/or deliver it themselves incurring significant cost to themselves as they do not have the network to do this.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.