ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/news ... ull/134516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Royal Mail bosses threw their weight behind postal workers today in the fight to save the service from privatisation.

Senior managers, who are part of the Unite union, said they fully supported the Communications Workers Union (CWU) whose members have voted overwhelmingly against coalition government plans to hand Royal Mail over to the private sector.

Unite assistant general secretary Tony Burke said: "Our members working in the Royal Mail are in management and senior management positions.

"They are becoming increasingly concerned about the proposed privatisation and its implications for the public, for pensioners, the disabled and small companies - as well as future employment and their pension provisions.

"Their concerns reflect the overwhelming vote against privatisation carried this week by CWU members."

A CWU spokeswoman said is was "great" to have the full support of Unite on "this vital campaign.

"Privatising Royal Mail would have a major impact on managers as well as CWU members in the company, not to mention on customers too," she said.

"We remain firmly convinced that privatisation would only serve limited vested interests and faceless investors simply after a quick profit. We, along with our members who work in Royal Mail, will provide MPs with information and arguments on why we think privatisation is such a bad idea at the lobby on July 2. Until then, the fight to Save Our Royal Mail continues to build momentum."

As part of its campaign of opposition to privatisation, the CWU has announced the July lobby of Parliament and, at a meeting between Mr Burke and CWU leader Billy Hayes, it was agreed that both unions would work jointly to save the Royal Mail from being sold off.

Mr Burke added that all Unite members are being encouraged to attend the lobby to show the coalition the strength of opposition to privatisation.

Royal Mail has claimed that privatisation would enable the company to "combine the best of the public and private sectors and secure as many good-quality jobs as possible."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I think I woke up in an alternative universe today....

I know this doesn't really say much, but it does appear the fight is gaining momentum, as well as support from unlikely places.
I can only assume some in senior management have realised it won't just be our necks on the chopping block.
And maybe their pensions are in jeopardy too.....
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by aiden01 »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:I think I woke up in an alternative universe today....

I know this doesn't really say much, but it does appear the fight is gaining momentum, as well as support from unlikely places.
I can only assume some in senior management have realised it won't just be our necks on the chopping block.
And maybe their pensions are in jeopardy too.....
Can,t see them on picket line with us tho :shock:
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by Judgee »

RM has an excess of managers. They have always had too many chiefs and not enough indians. They know that if privitisation comes, management will be trimmed the hardest so it's more in thier interest than anyone elses to fight it! :nana
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

aiden01 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:I think I woke up in an alternative universe today....

I know this doesn't really say much, but it does appear the fight is gaining momentum, as well as support from unlikely places.
I can only assume some in senior management have realised it won't just be our necks on the chopping block.
And maybe their pensions are in jeopardy too.....
Can,t see them on picket line with us tho :shock:
Well no, but then they aren't allowed are they.

But, if they hold their own IA ballot, then they could cooperate with the CWU and come out with us.
Though, I think it would be better that, should they ballot and vote to strike, that they cooperate with CWU and take different strike days to us, so when we are at work they aren't, and they surely would have zero chance of having enough bosses to cover all the management positions up and down the country, even on a skeletal system and pulling double shifts etc.
I would actually love to see that...though I don't think they will be balloted in the first place, and if they were, what would be the chances of them voting to walk out?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Judgee wrote:RM has an excess of managers. They have always had too many chiefs and not enough indians. They know that if privitisation comes, management will be trimmed the hardest so it's more in thier interest than anyone elses to fight it! :nana
If they're smart enough and not too short sighted to realise that.
I've said this many times, they need to wake up and smell the coffee, it's not just posties jobs/pensions etc. on the line, but theirs, and they need to fight to protect themselves now.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I can't see anything happening from the CMA, in the last decade since I have been at RM I think their most militant action was Image wait for it Image

A letter to the CEO ........................ :left: :left:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

When it comes to it the CMA are spineless, you will of ever see a manager on a picket line.

About they grew a pair aswell

If we go private they are more screwed than us.

Every cloud and that
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by DB1100 »

It reminds me of the guards at Belsen,trying to mingle with the prisoners,they have made our live's a pain now they want to be our friends f^^k em
For we were soldiers once,and young
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by clashcityrocker »

DB1100 wrote:It reminds me of the guards at Belsen,trying to mingle with the prisoners,they have made our live's a pain now they want to be our friends f^^k em
I think you need to look at the bigger picture.
The broader the church, the greater our chance of defeating privatisation.
And while they might not understand it, they belong on our side in the longer class struggle.

The Countryside Alliance is also on our team in the fight against privatisation.
Welly- wearing fox killers..... welcome!
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by DB1100 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
DB1100 wrote:It reminds me of the guards at Belsen,trying to mingle with the prisoners,they have made our live's a pain now they want to be our friends f^^k em
I think you need to look at the bigger picture.
The broader the church, the greater our chance of defeating privatisation.
And while they might not understand it, they belong on our side in the longer class struggle.

The Countryside Alliance is also on our team in the fight against privatisation.
Welly- wearing fox killers..... welcome!
I see your point but,I'm a sceptic about management having been subjected to numerous performance lectures because I refuse to be intimidated into coming in early,the frog and snake springs to mind.
For we were soldiers once,and young
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by fishtank »

f**k them.
They'll fold at the slightest sign of pressure(or bribe) anyway. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by fishtank »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I can't see anything happening from the CMA,in the last decade since I have been at RM I think their most militant action was

A letter to the CEO ........................ :left: :left:
It wasn't even a strongly worded letter. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
prowler
Posts: 222
Joined: 01 Jul 2007, 10:36

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by prowler »

fishtank wrote:f**k them.
They'll fold at the slightest sign of pressure(or bribe) anyway. :cuppa
Correct!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bosses join sell-off fight

Post by POSTMAN »

fishtank wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I can't see anything happening from the CMA,in the last decade since I have been at RM I think their most militant action was

A letter to the CEO ........................ :left: :left:
It wasn't even a strongly worded letter. :cuppa
But wont they now have access to Uncle Bob's copy n paste stash? :hmmmm
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.