http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-22902874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Up to 50 villages in Somerset will be affected by post strikes starting on the last weekend of this month.
Royal Mail staff at the sorting office in Bridgwater have voted to strike for the next three Saturdays starting on 29 June.
A Communication Workers Union spokesman said it was over changes to pay and conditions for the 120 workers.
Royal Mail said it was disappointed and hoped it "could sort out the problems at a local level".
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Post strike to affect up to 50 Somerset villages
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Post strike to affect up to 50 Somerset villages
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Post strike to affect up to 50 Somerset villages
Quality. All strikes should be called on Saturdays.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Post strike to affect up to 50 Somerset villages
No, that's the shortest day.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Quality. All strikes should be called on Saturdays.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Post strike to affect up to 50 Somerset villages
But you would actually get a weekend off.Lounge Lizard wrote:No, that's the shortest day.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Quality. All strikes should be called on Saturdays.and you end up with the family.
In my office all days are the same length. We been screwed?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.