ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
WOULD YOU LEAVE???
-
wheresourmoney
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???
Would leave in a heartbeat, but there are no jobs for miles around, I cashed in my pension early and went on to a 32 hour duty, I am only 30 squid a week worse off but it was worth it.
-
mr deeds
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 17:23
- Gender: Female
Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???
i think myself it still pays well for the job we do...i have been a postie for 18 yrs (DELIVERY)and seen the job go from great to s**t very fast in the last five years(big time) it' getting very hard now with managers on your case for not completing in time blah blah blah....would i leave for a job with pay close to my current pay rate??????
WOULD NOT EVEN WAIT A F*CKIN HEARTBEAT
WOULD NOT EVEN WAIT A F*CKIN HEARTBEAT
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???
I take it none of you have ever laboured on a building site, try that then moan about 'physical pain' in this job. Or work in a shop and watch the clock for 8 hours a day, I didn't last a single day in that job and left before lunchtime from pure boredom.
FFS we're just walking around, you shouldn't be carrying bags or pulling anything that is heavy enough to cause you to be in pain at the end of the shift.
I you're just unfit or old and knackered, then yeah it's not the job it used to be, because let's face it years ago it was a complete p*ss take what we did for our wages.
Come in on time, use a trolley or bags no more than 8kg (which will be 6 to carry once you take the first bundle out), walk at a decent pace and finish on time no matter what's left.
FFS we're just walking around, you shouldn't be carrying bags or pulling anything that is heavy enough to cause you to be in pain at the end of the shift.
I you're just unfit or old and knackered, then yeah it's not the job it used to be, because let's face it years ago it was a complete p*ss take what we did for our wages.
Come in on time, use a trolley or bags no more than 8kg (which will be 6 to carry once you take the first bundle out), walk at a decent pace and finish on time no matter what's left.
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???
I'm at the point of quitting. Been with RM for 3 and half years. I just can't stand the bullying managers. I've come so close to walking out many times.
It's by far the worse company I've ever worked for.
It's by far the worse company I've ever worked for.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???
I would leave Royal Mail but I am not looking for new job. So I am working on making myself much better photographer, and then try to get regular work to earn more money then I can buy better lens and camera and new mac powerbook.