ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Russell Brand: 'I was a postman for sex'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Russell Brand: 'I was a postman for sex'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

LinChong wrote:Anyone reading this thread would think that trade unionists are fundamentalist puritans with no sense of humour. Russell Brand made a joke that highlighted the fact the pay is not very good and some of you are still not happy, you miserable sods.

Russell Brand has a lot of fans and if they now all believe that postal wages are too low, he has helped.

He is not a knob for making a joke about sex, he is a knob for stealing letters. People don't steal because of low pay, they steal out of choice at least in the UK.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Russell Brand: 'I was a postman for sex'

Post by fishtank »

LinChong wrote:Russell Brand has a lot of fans and if they now all believe that postal wages are too low, he has helped.

There are a lot of things wrong with this job but if I was to write down my all time top 10....pay wouldn't even be close to making it.

Brand wasn't trying to make a political point about postal wages,he was trying to look a bit edgy,a bit of a rebel,I remember doing that when I was 16,He's 38 for f**k sake: :roll: ....what he actually did was add to the insidious and well established public perception of thieving posties.
That makes him a knob in my book. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share