ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I hate RM bikes!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: I hate RM bikes!

Post by fly-catchers »

Our bikes are getting as knackered as the postman riding them! With handle bars starting to snap!!
Parcel size might be an issue with bikes. But now that RM have hiked up the price for parcels bigger than 8cm thick- perhaps bigger parcels will start being sent using our cheaper competitors?
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: I hate RM bikes!

Post by Brain Fury »

fly-catchers wrote:Our bikes are getting as knackered as the postman riding them! With handle bars starting to snap!!
Parcel size might be an issue with bikes. But now that RM have hiked up the price for parcels bigger than 8cm thick- perhaps bigger parcels will start being sent using our cheaper competitors?
Handlebars should be changed every 3 years
marshallmercury
Posts: 22
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: I hate RM bikes!

Post by marshallmercury »

Lost our bikes just over 2 years ago. I would never go back to them, P&L so much easier, no D/L's to worry about carrying around, if it's pissing down you know that you will start with a dry pouch every half hour or so or just sit in the van for a while to see if it stops raining. No riding back miles to the office after a heavy delivery, plus loads of space in the back of the van for shopping :no no . lol