ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pokermon
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by Pokermon »

yes im fed up n body in bits
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by mickeymacca »

fishtank wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:Good to see someone liking there job but don't understand why you can't transfer to different jobs in the business. I have always moved around to do different jobs I all sections


Inside a DO there is a queue a mile long for any indoor job and even the "easier" rurals are maxed out now..
No way absolutely love my job, granted I have only been doing it for 5 years and I work in the rurals.

I really can't identify with any of the issues that are raised on the forum most of the time, and it seems to me that the rurals are like the job used to be everywhere a few years ago. Never see a manager, occasionally speak on the phone but it is the closest thing to being self employed with no hassle if you do the job properly. I am pretty sure though that it is only a matter of time before this situation changes and then my attitude will be the same as you guys as well I guess.

What are you doing now Postman Nel?
'Libraries gave us power'
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by wacko74 »

mickeymacca wrote:
fishtank wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:Good to see someone liking there job but don't understand why you can't transfer to different jobs in the business. I have always moved around to do different jobs I all sections


Inside a DO there is a queue a mile long for any indoor job and even the "easier" rurals are maxed out now..
No way absolutely love my job, granted I have only been doing it for 5 years and I work in the rurals.

I really can't identify with any of the issues that are raised on the forum most of the time, and it seems to me that the rurals are like the job used to be everywhere a few years ago. Never see a manager, occasionally speak on the phone but it is the closest thing to being self employed with no hassle if you do the job properly. I am pretty sure though that it is only a matter of time before this situation changes and then my attitude will be the same as you guys as well I guess.


What are you doing now Postman Nel?
Can I ask how after only 5 years in you've got yourself a nice rural? I'm sure even if I was in the job for another 20 years I still wouldn't be senior enough to pick one of the rurals in my D.O.!
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by wacko74 »

^^^ don't know how I've done that but my question has appeared in the middle of you post!
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by mickeymacca »

wacko74 wrote:^^^ don't know how I've done that but my question has appeared in the middle of you post!
Sure you can, it was the job I applied for and the only job I have done for RM, although I have been to loads of other offices on docket so know it not all a bed of roses, some rural rounds are a nightmare size wise but you don't get the interference from management. I have worked in town centres and was thinking of switching a few years ago as I found the rurals a bit quiet.

There are plenty of moaners in our office that think they have the hardest round in Royal Mail, but we encounter none of the issues that are raised on this forum in terms of B and H, absorption, cuting off etc, but they still think they are hard done by.
'Libraries gave us power'
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by dvbuk55 »

mickeymacca wrote:
wacko74 wrote:^^^ don't know how I've done that but my question has appeared in the middle of you post!
Sure you can, it was the job I applied for and the only job I have done for RM, although I have been to loads of other offices on docket so know it not all a bed of roses, some rural rounds are a nightmare size wise but you don't get the interference from management. I have worked in town centres and was thinking of switching a few years ago as I found the rurals a bit quiet.

There are plenty of moaners in our office that think they have the hardest round in Royal Mail, but we encounter none of the issues that are raised on this forum in terms of B and H, absorption, cuting off etc, but they still think they are hard done by.
Have you had the revision yet, how big is your office. TBH any small office, and I'm not suggesting yours is small, but on privatisation small offices will be a target for integration into larger and larger units - the theory that bigger is better hasn't gone away - when you work in a large unit the problems are larger. :cuppa
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by mickeymacca »

dvbuk55 wrote:
mickeymacca wrote:
wacko74 wrote:^^^ don't know how I've done that but my question has appeared in the middle of you post!
Sure you can, it was the job I applied for and the only job I have done for RM, although I have been to loads of other offices on docket so know it not all a bed of roses, some rural rounds are a nightmare size wise but you don't get the interference from management. I have worked in town centres and was thinking of switching a few years ago as I found the rurals a bit quiet.

There are plenty of moaners in our office that think they have the hardest round in Royal Mail, but we encounter none of the issues that are raised on this forum in terms of B and H, absorption, cuting off etc, but they still think they are hard done by.
Have you had the revision yet, how big is your office. TBH any small office, and I'm not suggesting yours is small, but on privatisation small offices will be a target for integration into larger and larger units - the theory that bigger is better hasn't gone away - when you work in a large unit the problems are larger. :cuppa
Yeh I agree. There is only 6 in our office so it is pretty small, but we have had the revision and it did n't affect us really. Post privatisation I can see exactly what you suggest occuring.......
'Libraries gave us power'
cityfan39
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 43
Joined: 08 Jun 2011, 10:41
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by cityfan39 »

You have to ask yourself this question. Do I really want to be
doing this job for the rest of my life? . Maybe it's not too
bad if you're coming up to retirement, you can see that light
at the end of the tunnel, but if you're relatively young you
may have the fitness but you then think, s**t I could have
another 30 plus years of this s**t.

I grew sick of the job and dumped a bundle of d2d's in a
recycle bin, I regretted it at the time because I had to
resign over it, but I did a college course when I was out
of work, and got a job in a school as a level 2 Teaching
Assistant. Not as much money as a postie, but I'm happier
than I ever was at my D.O. Another bonus aswell, you
get Saturday's off. Keep on at those bastard managers
aswell guys.
international
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 Mar 2010, 09:29
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by international »

Rural deliveries in my office were easy all the senior guys were enjoying themselves since the revision they were the last ones to be picked so all of them rural deliveries are not easy
As for the job it pays the mortgage and the bills so we need to appreciate the job I do. :Very Happy
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by DGP1 »

I've been doing a 5 hour delivery for the past 4 years and have never felt better..........and the best thing is I'll be moving onto an easier town duty soon :nana :nana
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
kingofmcr
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 197
Joined: 13 Jun 2010, 10:02
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by kingofmcr »

working at morrisons now ..did 4 years at royal mail ...3 and half years too much...being taken advantage of ..no breaks ...coming in to half prepped walks ...staying out hours beyond my time ..not being put down for over time ..etc etc etc
THIS SHOULD BE ROYAL MAILS LOGO
"You may pronounce us guilty a thousand times over, but the goddess of the eternal court of history will smile and tear to tatters the verdict of this court - for she acquits us.
teesdale
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 430
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 16:31

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by teesdale »

I think not enough people from Gloucester Mail Centre want to go to Bristol Mail Centre although some scare tactics were employed. I was told that the shortfall will be made up with more overtime and SA's although the rumour mill in here is ledgendary (how do you spell this - Thatchers single variety Katy). I think mail centres are easier than deliveries but it is mind numbing. There is no fresh air or natural light. About 10% of colleagues are mentally ill. 90% of managers are afraid to act or carry out their job description. I work with loads of people who take 40 minutes extra break a day and some people who probably only work 3 hours a day who are full time. Bristol Mail Centre is the f***ing pits but for over £300 take home, no way to complain about fairness or harassment, but to work only a 30 and a half hour week come to the s**t hole. Anyway to get to Bristol Mail Centre an opportunity is now, within the next three weeks.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by flaminmoses »

knee and back couldnt take the strain.

im outta here :nana

ha just noticed the "ex royal mail" on my profile
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wacko74 wrote:^^^ don't know how I've done that but my question has appeared in the middle of you post!
Sorted.

You didn't scroll down far enough when you quoted.

For everyone if you do quote a full post make sure your comments come after the [/quote] tag
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: WOULD YOU LEAVE???

Post by spoodoo »

The job was good ,fresh air, good banter , proud ish to work for the company ,,the bosses have smashed it to bits now. Watching the Royal Mail crumble before our eyes.