ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

A man has pleaded guilty to threatening a Postman

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: A man has pleaded guilty to threatening a Postman

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

sheriannchal wrote:Urgh! Hate people sometimes. I know he's fine I've seen him plenty of times since, n he continued to post mail to my fathers house. And yes if you read my post I said that I tried everything I could to have him sectioned but the system sucks n they wouldn't get him off the streets, even after this incident. The postmans s**t anyway never get my mail :/
Your attitude and comments are unlikely to improve the s**t service you claim to be receiving are they?
Just because you see someone does not make them fine, it may be that they are now more cautious and aware of their surroundings and has an agreed process of action to take should any further problems arise.
You also shouldn't assume we on here know nothing, just because we don't post everything we might have knowledge of for a variety of reasons, doesn't mean we are unaware of info.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: A man has pleaded guilty to threatening a Postman

Post by DB1100 »

sheriannchal wrote:Urgh! Hate people sometimes. I know he's fine I've seen him plenty of times since, n he continued to post mail to my fathers house. And yes if you read my post I said that I tried everything I could to have him sectioned but the system sucks n they wouldn't get him off the streets, even after this incident. The postmans s**t anyway never get my mail :/
Instead of blaming people for not sectioning him why didn't you look after him thats what families used to be for,if you knew he was a fruitloop and allowed him to carry on you are as bad as him.
For we were soldiers once,and young
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Jail for knife wielding drunk who threatened postman

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jail for knife wielding drunk who threatened postman in Churchdown


http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... z2VcqE2VGu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A KNIFE-WIELDING drunk who threatened a postman and grabbed the throat of a shop worker has been jailed.

Peter Chaloner has been put behind bars for 14 months as his victim, postman Steve Voyce, relived the "terrifying" ordeal when he was confronted on his daily rounds in Churchdown.
​

Chaloner, of St John's Avenue in the village, was sentenced for wielding the carving knife, threatening behaviour, common assault and possession of cannabis at Gloucester Crown Court yesterday.

Mr Voyce, who has been a postal worker for 15 years, said: "I was just doing my normal round when he started shouting at me.

"He reappeared with the carving knife and me and a witness took refuge in the nearby doctor's surgery.

"The surgery door was locked behind us when staff used the emergency button, but he turned up, looking through the glass with the knife in his hand. It was terrifying.

"I ran up the stairs screaming. It isn't the sort of thing you expect to happen on your post round.

"I have been chased by dogs before but never by a man wielding a huge knife. I welcome the sentence."

But Mr Voyce wasn't the only victim. On the same day, on February 7, the 43-year-old attacked a manager at the Co-op store in St John's Avenue, grabbing the man around the neck.

He had previously been barred from the shop.

It emerged in court that Chaloner had battled with drink and drug misuse for 30 years.

Judge Jamie Tabor QC, handing down the sentence, said: "This is not a man suffering mental illness but rather a man with a problem with alcohol.

"You said you were going to get a knife and that is what you did.

"These were ordinary people going about their daily business and they were harassed by you in a frightening way. Any drunk wandering around with a carving knife is dangerous whether you intend to use it or not."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: A man has pleaded guilty to threatening a Postman

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

sheriannchal has been banned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: A man has pleaded guilty to threatening a Postman

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:sheriannchal has been banned.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Didn't see it but I assume they posted a 'questionable' comment or two.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: A man has pleaded guilty to threatening a Postman

Post by aiden01 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:sheriannchal has been banned.
happy days well done tbt. :nana