ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scanning RTS recordeds -do we have to?.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Scanning RTS recordeds -do we have to?.

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

t-c wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
tomangoe wrote:What happens if you have to slip a return to sender because they're not in and then they don't collect it ? Where does it go next ?
Or the bin.
You put anything in the bin (assuming you mean rubbish bin) that you've killed off and your heading for dismissal as this is not your call to make.
Really?
First off, it was a joke from my point of view. I also didn't say I would be making the call or that it would be me putting it in the bin, merely that that's where they may end up.
Second, what do you think happens to mail that can't be delivered to the intended recipients or are failed to be collected from callers office? They go to the Returns Centre, still in N.I. as far as I know, and if there is no return address, the contents are sold off for charity or the items are binned. If something has been round more than once, even though there may be a return address, it is likely that after more than one killing off the items of mail may well follow this path.
RM won't redeliver something perpetually you know.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Scanning RTS recordeds -do we have to?.

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

bakerstreetirregular wrote:Sorry I think I should clarify the matter at little. The recordeds in this instance are to call people up for jury duty and we are the office to which all the (100's 0f) RTS are sent back to. My argument with the PHG was that why do we scan them for the court officals to sign for as surely the customer only pays for the signed delivery service once not twice . Its not as if we return RTS back to sender the next day if they are First Class?.
Don't think it matters, RM want a signature to complete the paper trail, so whoever they get delivered to has to sign, otherwise the system will have them still unfulfilled, and then there can be no claims either, which is most likely the real reason behind it.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.