TrueBlueTerrier wrote:One thing that is concerning me is the level of apathy over everything:
The ballot "What difference would it make"
Privatisation "Its going to happen whatever we do"
The Union "They are out of touch and caved in too early last time" and "They do nothing for us, but want us to strike for their own reasons"
I disagree with everything they say, but it does get wearing when you seem to be the only one fighting the Unions corner.
Part of the problem I think is that members feel the Union is too busy looking after its own organisation but not organising the membership until its an issue HQ want to push. Sad thing is to an extent I think they are right.
Of course they're right, the CWU have been in bed with RM for a number of years now. Joint statements are the order of the day....only last week I watched a WTL video with RM&CWU jointly praising the new attendance agreement.

( at the same time as telling members how they oppose RM's plans )
Why should we strike when we know that in the end the CWU will cave in and go along with what Moya wants.
The CWU have a history over the last 10 or so years comming out of negotiations saying " well, its the best we could get" then proceeding to sell the agreement as the deal of the century, only to find that the text of the agreement says one thing to CWU members BUT something else to RM managers !
I for one don't trust the CWU HQ to get a watertight, no loopholes, "does what it says on the tin" agreement.
CWU HQ think that only they see the big picture, and that members don't know whats good for them......
I know that RM have PROFIT at any cost as their mantra, but I also think that the CWU HQ has allowed & encouraged RM to think that way because of their failure to challange RM at the start, they allow RM to push the boundaries way too far, before putting up any sort of resistance, by then its too late.
And this campaign is just another example of RM setting the pace, and the CWU trying to catch up. Too little, too late again.
The CWU needs to SET the agenda of where RM's going, not react after it's been steered in the wrong direction !