http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... ce=feedly/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ROYAL Mail investigators discovered thousands of undelivered items at the Accrington home of a postman.
Blackburn magistrates heard they also found burning ashes of another 500 packages in a bin in an out house.
Graeme Holden, 34, of Pendle Street, pleaded guilty to delaying 392 addressed postal packages and 2,454 door-to-door postal packets, theft of 180 postal packages and arson involving an estimated 500 packages belonging to Royal Mail Group.
He was made subject to community supervision for 18 months and ordered to do 150 hours’ unpaid work and pay £200 costs.
Mark Phillips, prosecuting, said inquiries began after information was received that Holden had packages at his home.
He said among the contents were birth certificates, bank cards and passports.
David Edwards, defending, said Holden had had an exemplary record in his 12 years’ service.
“The majority of the mail recovered was junk mail which was to be delivered with legitimate personal mail packages,” said Mr Edwards.
“He feels he had some kind of a breakdown when he took these items home. Some were opened and they were ultimately burned.”
In a letter written to the court Holden said he just wanted to get on with his life.
“I can only apologise and say I am deeply sorry to all those I affected in a horrible period of my life,” he said.
Passing sentence the chairman of the Bench said the breach of trust was the major issue.
“For 25 years my father pounded the streets of Darwen as a postman and it is a job in which you are entrusted with other people’s property,” he said.
Speaking after the hearing, Holden said: “It is something that happened a year ago.
“It was not a good thing and it is something that I am ashamed of.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Thousands of undelivered packages found at home of Accringto
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Thousands of undelivered packages found at home of Accringto
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
beria
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 30 Apr 2012, 05:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Thousands of undelivered packages found at home of Accri
He should have got 3 years ! 
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Thousands of undelivered packages found at home of Accri
Another pathetic sentence. Slap on the wrist, nothing more. If they aren't going to be given any kind of prison sentence for actions like these, then they should at least be heavily fined.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.