http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crim ... -1-5691066" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTMAN has appeared in court accused of theft of money from birthday cards.
Karl Edward Fantarrow is charged with theft of a mail bag between October and December last year. He is also charged with intentionally delaying two postal packets.
Sunderland magistrates were told the allegations related to theft and retention of items of mail, which should have been delivered as part of Fantarrow’s job as a postman.These included Kindle electronic book readers, computer games, birthday cards containing money and perfume.
Defending, Sandra Fife said Fantarrow, 39, would withhold his plea to both charges.
Magistrates ordered the case be dealt with at Newcastle Crown Court.
Fantarrow, of Donvale Road, Washington, was granted unconditional bail.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
Seems to be one every few days........are people more desperate or are security doing more work because they have been given bigger targets to achieve?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
Probably both.DGP1 wrote:Seems to be one every few days........are people more desperate or are security doing more work because they have been given bigger targets to achieve?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Probably both.DGP1 wrote:Seems to be one every few days........are people more desperate or are security doing more work because they have been given bigger targets to achieve?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 22&t=52829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;stokes11eg wrote:UnhappyGremlin wrote:Probably both.DGP1 wrote:Seems to be one every few days........are people more desperate or are security doing more work because they have been given bigger targets to achieve?Perhaps people are just more dishonest nowadays, and greedy!..
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 22&t=52829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;stokes11eg wrote:UnhappyGremlin wrote:Probably both.DGP1 wrote:Seems to be one every few days........are people more desperate or are security doing more work because they have been given bigger targets to achieve?Perhaps people are just more dishonest nowadays, and greedy!..
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
In the USA http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05 ... ards.html/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A North Texas postal worker has pleaded guilty to one count of theft of mail, according to records filed in Dallas federal court Monday. Now he faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine — all for stealing two gift cards totaling $75.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
I'm all for changes to our system, whereby people pretty much go unpunished, to more severe sentences.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:In the USA http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05 ... ards.html/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A North Texas postal worker has pleaded guilty to one count of theft of mail, according to records filed in Dallas federal court Monday. Now he faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine — all for stealing two gift cards totaling $75.
But, this USA story seems exceedingly harsh. But then, that's America for you, trying to deter the crime in the first place. I can only assume the postie in question was unaware of the possible punishment, because if he knew beforehand, he is monumentally stupid.
Last edited by UnhappyGremlin on 21 May 2013, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Sunderland postman charged with stealing mail
Blimey for USA punishment.