Several posties became reserves after signing for walks in my office. I'm sure they will let you as most people prefer being kept on a walk no matter how crap, than be moved from pillar to post every day/week.
I know you hate it now Jim but surely it will get better in time? Think carefully about it as being a reserve they can still put you on crap walks, only you'll have the headache of trying to learn all the new frames as well!
Judgee wrote:Several posties became reserves after signing for walks in my office. I'm sure they will let you as most people prefer being kept on a walk no matter how crap, than be moved from pillar to post every day/week.
I know you hate it now Jim but surely it will get better in time? Think carefully about it as being a reserve they can still put you on crap walks, only you'll have the headache of trying to learn all the new frames as well!
Better the devil you know as they say!
Been on the walk too many months already and it just keeps getting worst.
Last edited by JiminyBillyBob on 23 May 2013, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
If there are reserves already in your office who would prefer to apply for and take on your duty then I see no reason why you cannot request to join the reserves list.
However you will still not be able to apply for another duty until after twelve months, the fact you no longer have a duty doesn't wipe out the protection afforded to other employees preventing you duty hopping.
I might just stick it out as i was just remembering how much it sucks never having a long weekend or knowing what day your gonna get off! And being on a different walk everyday sucks, but i did feel it speeds the week up a bit rather than dragging your ass around the same tired walk everyday. Yeah there are also walks much worst than mine i could get put on as a reserve. Guess I was just having one of those can't be f**ked Mondays?
Is there anyway of getting out of a walk you've signed for then? Are you really stuck with it for 12 months! How did the guy in the original post manage to get out of it?
he resigned for his old duty that had been advertised.
It blew up last week with Deputy Area rep coming down , Manager blamed CWU which he normally does though it was his fault for not sorting it out in the first place by not sticking to agreements
I think the walk is being covered by the guy who originally was second on the list for 3 weeks when it is suppose to be sorted out , but fireworks flew with the posties involved a lot of back stabbing going on.
Essex mum
JiminyBillyBob wrote:There are a number of reasons why my duty is not working out for me, main one being i hate it! Don't think i could do another week on it. Even if i do stick it out for x amount of months who knows how long it'll be till another duty becomes available and even if I'll get it?
Just curious, what do you hate about it?
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:.However, entering into a debate - the best candidate - how would you decide who is the best candidate and if there is more than one duty available how would you decide which duty the ideal candidate would go on. Genuine question..
JiminyBillyBob wrote:There are a number of reasons why my duty is not working out for me, main one being i hate it! Don't think i could do another week on it. Even if i do stick it out for x amount of months who knows how long it'll be till another duty becomes available and even if I'll get it?
Just curious, what do you hate about it?
I think just the repetitiveness of it was just getting to me, you know what its like some Mondays when you'd rather be doing anything other than going to work?
But like i said after weighing things up, as a reserve you never know where you are or whats going on, even as a reserve i could be stuck on a walk for months on end i hate even more
JiminyBillyBob wrote:There are a number of reasons why my duty is not working out for me, main one being i hate it! Don't think i could do another week on it. Even if i do stick it out for x amount of months who knows how long it'll be till another duty becomes available and even if I'll get it?
Just curious, what do you hate about it?
I think just the repetitiveness of it was just getting to me, you know what its like some Mondays when you'd rather be doing anything other than going to work?
But like i said after weighing things up, as a reserve you never know where you are or whats going on, even as a reserve i could be stuck on a walk for months on end i hate even more
Is it a big town round?
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
JiminyBillyBob wrote:There are a number of reasons why my duty is not working out for me, main one being i hate it! Don't think i could do another week on it. Even if i do stick it out for x amount of months who knows how long it'll be till another duty becomes available and even if I'll get it?
Just curious, what do you hate about it?
I think just the repetitiveness of it was just getting to me, you know what its like some Mondays when you'd rather be doing anything other than going to work?
But like i said after weighing things up, as a reserve you never know where you are or whats going on, even as a reserve i could be stuck on a walk for months on end i hate even more
Is it a big town round?
Not particularly, I always finish early, but then when you know a walk inside and out you could do it in your sleep and still finish early.
I've always been like this though, after about 6 months in any job i get fed up of the same thing day-in day-out.