ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by DGP1 »

maisymoo04 wrote:Sure you said that last time dg seems I didn't take any notice pal :nana :nana
Well then.........maybe it's time for some mega trolling :nervous but don't tell Teebs I told you to do it :wink:
Image
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by dvbuk55 »

How best to describe the delivery supplement :hmmmm well for those on delivery it's hard earned money but for indoor staff, like me, it's money for old rope - and before some wit asks - NO I won't be giving it to charity.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

wandle wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Prio locker staff/callers office staff who get it, and in my office the admin staff also receive it. Don't actually perform any actual delivering of mail, but are tagged to and work in deliveries. There are, apparently, some in MC's that get it.
So, are we to assume then, that if a suitable admin vacancy crops up, and you apply for it and are successful, you will donate to charity each week, a sum equivalent to the delivery supplement you will still be receiving? I mean, to do otherwise would make you a hypocrite, would it not ? :whistle
Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're on about. Did you read the whole thread?
I was merely pointing out WHO gets the payment, not that I agree or disagree with it. The OP asked what is for, and between us we have answered.
As I said previously, it is for working in and being tagged to delivery function, but does not require you to actually deliver mail. I did not mean, as you have apparently assumed, quite wrongly, that those who do get it, but don't deliver mail, are in some way in the wrong. They are not, they're due it, and deserve it.
Some do believe that, unless you actually deliver mail, you shouldn't get it, and feel aggrieved people do. I am not one of them. The main problem is some staffs erroneous belief that it is a replacement payment for D2D money, it isn't and never has been.
And I would never work in admin, hate being indoors too much.
Quite how it would make me, or anyone else, a hypocrite, I don't know, but whatever role I fill, I will keep all related payments, as I am due them.
I assume you work in admin, and took my post out of context.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by maisymoo04 »

dvbuk55 wrote:How best to describe the delivery supplement :hmmmm well for those on delivery it's hard earned money but for indoor staff, like me, it's money for old rope - and before some wit asks - NO I won't be giving it to charity.
Thought you worked outside DV :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by OnAFlyer »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
wandle wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Prio locker staff/callers office staff who get it, and in my office the admin staff also receive it. Don't actually perform any actual delivering of mail, but are tagged to and work in deliveries. There are, apparently, some in MC's that get it.
So, are we to assume then, that if a suitable admin vacancy crops up, and you apply for it and are successful, you will donate to charity each week, a sum equivalent to the delivery supplement you will still be receiving? I mean, to do otherwise would make you a hypocrite, would it not ? :whistle
Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're on about. Did you read the whole thread?
I was merely pointing out WHO gets the payment, not that I agree or disagree with it. The OP asked what is for, and between us we have answered.
As I said previously, it is for working in and being tagged to delivery function, but does not require you to actually deliver mail. I did not mean, as you have apparently assumed, quite wrongly, that those who do get it, but don't deliver mail, are in some way in the wrong. They are not, they're due it, and deserve it.
Some do believe that, unless you actually deliver mail, you shouldn't get it, and feel aggrieved people do. I am not one of them. The main problem is some staffs erroneous belief that it is a replacement payment for D2D money, it isn't and never has been.
And I would never work in admin, hate being indoors too much.
Quite how it would make me, or anyone else, a hypocrite, I don't know, but whatever role I fill, I will keep all related payments, as I am due them.
I assume you work in admin, and took my post out of context.
It's true that it isn't a payment for d2d, but what actually funds the supplement? Isn't it based on the amounts that were paid out in d2d money, so in effect delivery staff are losing out and non-delivery staff are gaining.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by P13 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
wandle wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Prio locker staff/callers office staff who get it, and in my office the admin staff also receive it. Don't actually perform any actual delivering of mail, but are tagged to and work in deliveries. There are, apparently, some in MC's that get it.
So, are we to assume then, that if a suitable admin vacancy crops up, and you apply for it and are successful, you will donate to charity each week, a sum equivalent to the delivery supplement you will still be receiving? I mean, to do otherwise would make you a hypocrite, would it not ? :whistle
Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're on about. Did you read the whole thread?
I was merely pointing out WHO gets the payment, not that I agree or disagree with it. The OP asked what is for, and between us we have answered.
As I said previously, it is for working in and being tagged to delivery function, but does not require you to actually deliver mail. I did not mean, as you have apparently assumed, quite wrongly, that those who do get it, but don't deliver mail, are in some way in the wrong. They are not, they're due it, and deserve it.
Some do believe that, unless you actually deliver mail, you shouldn't get it, and feel aggrieved people do. I am not one of them. The main problem is some staffs erroneous belief that it is a replacement payment for D2D money, it isn't and never has been.
And I would never work in admin, hate being indoors too much.
Quite how it would make me, or anyone else, a hypocrite, I don't know, but whatever role I fill, I will keep all related payments, as I am due them.
I assume you work in admin, and took my post out of context.
It's true that it isn't a payment for d2d, but what actually funds the supplement? Isn't it based on the amounts that were paid out in d2d money, so in effect delivery staff are losing out and non-delivery staff are gaining.
It is also funded by the ending of the early shift allowance and some other allowances, so not just D2D money
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

The explanation that monies were used to fund the Delivery Supplement was used only as a way to get the message across to staff, nothing more.
It is time that people accept that D2D's are no longer paid separate, haven't been for nearly 3 years, and are now part of the everyday workload.

I'm not saying I agree with the removal of the old D2D payments, I don't, all delivery posties lost out on that. But then, they were extra work, and supposedly not to be done during normal contracted hours, or so my manager told me.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by dvbuk55 »

maisymoo04 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:How best to describe the delivery supplement :hmmmm well for those on delivery it's hard earned money but for indoor staff, like me, it's money for old rope - and before some wit asks - NO I won't be giving it to charity.
Thought you worked outside DV :chuckle
I did once - no I'm one of those shiftless lazy indoor workers who look on the delivery supplement as a sort of freebie :chuckle
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by maisymoo04 »

It is......... :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by dvbuk55 »

maisymoo04 wrote:It is......... :shock:
OH No! Outed as a freeloader.................the shame :oops: Having said that look how the locker staff do good things for the delivery staff :hmmmm........ well there must be something
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by fishtank »

I'm not a fan of the whole delivery supplement shambles,more for the way it was sold and the personal loss of my shift allowance than anything else but in a few years time(if it's still around) once people forget that we used to get paid separately for D2D...members will wonder how the union managed to get us a supplement for basically doing our job.
Does a Tesco employee get a "shelf stacking" supplement? :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by dvbuk55 »

We must have had over 20 new starters since the change who wouldn't have had the D2D payment and sooner or later it'll be incorporated into pay.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by maisymoo04 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:It is......... :shock:
OH No! Outed as a freeloader.................the shame :oops: Having said that look how the locker staff do good things for the delivery staff :hmmmm........ well there must be something
What book parcels in :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :nana
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by dvbuk55 »

maisymoo04 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:It is......... :shock:
OH No! Outed as a freeloader.................the shame :oops: Having said that look how the locker staff do good things for the delivery staff :hmmmm........ well there must be something
What book parcels in :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :nana
Erm...........no the callers office does that .................I erm erm :confused - well whatever I do it takes me 5.45 hrs a day and I'll bet it helps the delivery staff :cuppa
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?

Post by maisymoo04 »

Hahaha DV gotcha :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"