ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Refused leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Refused leave

Post by TheCobra »

Bunch of twats, we are but a number.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Refused leave

Post by Darren Bent »

Print out agreement about civil partnership / wedding leave then give it to union rep.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Refused leave

Post by coxie »

They will argue his wedding time off is not in question it's the honeymoon after.
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Re: Refused leave

Post by frankieboy »

Had a reply from union today, old agreement does not apply anymore but royal mail do give you a week off as a good will gesture. He,s now going to ring DSM and sort it out so fingers crossed.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Refused leave

Post by arnold cheshire »

frankieboy wrote:Getting married in 2 weeks time, management knew about this in january. Just wanted a week off after the wedding to go on honeymoon, finally been told by my manager that that week is unavailable and can,t have that week off. Thanks royal mail for making my wedding a memorable one, bloody joke. :Applause
why didnt you book it as annual leave ? did you think you get extra time off like paternity leave ?
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Refused leave

Post by chrisj »

I booked a day off from my annual leave many months ago. Fair enough, manager said there was no vacancy but gave me all same as I have some many outstanding days and rarely gets a saturday and other reasons like covering their ass when they are short.

Now manager is again short of staff as medium/long term absence growing, he now says that the holiday we agreed on was a day off swap. I disagreed but was not going to argue too much as I have what I wanted, But managers and RM are rather dubious!

I bet when I get my holiday print out, that day will have been deducted from my outstanding hols- I saw him do on the spreadsheet, I will wait and catch him out soon by asking for the printout.
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Re: Refused leave

Post by frankieboy »

why didnt you book it as annual leave ? did you think you get extra time off like paternity leave ?

What happened was i didn,t propose until christmas day and by then most of my entitlement had been booked but still had enough to book the week off i wanted but someone else in my holiday group had booked it.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Refused leave

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I've already got a BH day in lieu credited to me and it is months away from actually happening yet.
I always get it sorted ASAP, and if they try saying "I'll do it later", I say do it now, and print out a copy of my leave card for me. Got it in black and white then, no disputes or expiring deadlines etc.
Some of your line managers make mine look pretty good, even though they are an absolute prick.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Refused leave

Post by arnold cheshire »

frankieboy wrote:why didnt you book it as annual leave ? did you think you get extra time off like paternity leave ?

What happened was i didn,t propose until christmas day and by then most of my entitlement had been booked but still had enough to book the week off i wanted but someone else in my holiday group had booked it.
we hadnt started are leave pick at xmas maybe you should have arranged a wedding around the weeks you picked for annual leave ! though i am sorry for your circumstances
barrowc
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 383
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 01:36
Gender: Male

Re: Refused leave

Post by barrowc »

If you hadn't started your leave selection by Christmas then your office isn't following the Way Forward agreement:
The leave year will be April to March. The Christmas pressure period, determined by the operational unit, will be a closed period for leave. The selection process should be complete by the end of the preceding October each year.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Refused leave

Post by Lounge Lizard »

frankieboy wrote:why didnt you book it as annual leave ? did you think you get extra time off like paternity leave ?

What happened was i didn,t propose until christmas day and by then most of my entitlement had been booked but still had enough to book the week off i wanted but someone else in my holiday group had booked it.
"Marry in haste. Repent at leisure" :shock:
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Refused leave

Post by arnold cheshire »

barrowc wrote:If you hadn't started your leave selection by Christmas then your office isn't following the Way Forward agreement:
The leave year will be April to March. The Christmas pressure period, determined by the operational unit, will be a closed period for leave. The selection process should be complete by the end of the preceding October each year.
i know its disgaceful