ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting an offer / What to do .

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Getting an offer / What to do .

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

check this link out http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... nt#p386532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
kwenchycup
Posts: 35
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 14:01
Gender: Female

Re: Getting an offer / What to do .

Post by kwenchycup »

Thanks fishtank . So my IHR payment is tax free but the PILON is taxed im guessing ?

1 - 9 years service ........... So if I worked there 2 years would I get 2 weeks PILON or 9 ?

Thanks
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Getting an offer / What to do .

Post by fishtank »

kwenchycup wrote:Thanks fishtank . So my IHR payment is tax free but the PILON is taxed im guessing ?
Think both are tax free in that they both end up in the one lump sum...
Might be wrong though.
Annual leave comes separately and is taxed.
1 - 9 years service ........... So if I worked there 2 years would I get 2 weeks PILON or 9 ?

Thanks
9 weeks is the minimum PILON,anything from 1 year to 9 years gets 9 weeks.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
kwenchycup
Posts: 35
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 14:01
Gender: Female

Re: Getting an offer / What to do .

Post by kwenchycup »

Thanks for this guys its helped a lot on knowing what I should get .

Will be glad to get out as im now told my office will be starting to lapse soon :shock: