No, I work a scheduled attendance once a week and have done for last 5 years, get the bonus in May and August. I am only contracted to do 4 days a week so SA day makes a 5 day week. My understanding is the SA bonus is to compensate for the holiday pay and other bonus' you don't get for the scheduled attendance, while you are still committing to work it every week. The anamoly is if you work overtime on the odd occasion for a duty that is usually an SA you still get the SA hourly rate as well as the contribution towards the biannual bonus' without the regular commitment that goes with an SA duty. I think this right but it is a tad unclear.....bringon4dayweeks wrote:SA is guaranteed overtime . part timers wont get sa rate till they've done 39 hrscrammypostie1 wrote:So its for part timers really, and what is the rate per hour you get? Lets say u do 100hr SA a year... what rate do u get paid per hour?bringon4dayweeks wrote:its for individuals who do SA not an office bonuscrammypostie1 wrote:SA is a waste of time, we all get nothing
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
SA Lump Sum
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: SA Lump Sum
'Libraries gave us power'
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: SA Lump Sum
OnAFlyer wrote:I say this everytime SA comes up, but I can't believe it still exists. It disappeared from our office the best part of 10 years ago, one things for certain it won't be around for long when we're privatised.
SA goes back to the old days when our basic was so low and overtime was so plentiful almost every full-timer did it to take home a decent wage.
Now it's a luxury we can't afford when every hour is vital to protect jobs,It's laughable hearing full-timers moan about the number of part-timers in the business and then watch those same full-timers book 10+hrs of SA every week.
If an office needs work done on overtime on such a regular basis that it needs an SA agreement to cover it that office is under resourced and needs those hours converted into jobs....preferably full-time.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: SA Lump Sum
fishtank wrote:OnAFlyer wrote:I say this everytime SA comes up, but I can't believe it still exists. It disappeared from our office the best part of 10 years ago, one things for certain it won't be around for long when we're privatised.
SA goes back to the old days when our basic was so low and overtime was so plentiful almost every full-timer did it to take home a decent wage.
Now it's a luxury we can't afford when every hour is vital to protect jobs,It's laughable hearing full-timers moan about the number of part-timers in the business and then watch those same full-timers book 10+hrs of SA every week.
If an office needs work done on overtime on such a regular basis that it needs an SA agreement to cover it that office is under resourced and needs those hours converted into jobs....preferably full-time.
Just to clarify I cover rest days for four days in one rural office as my contracted duty, and an SA in another rural office as a rest day cover.
Basic 28 hours and SA 6.5 hours, is this unusual? I have done this for 5 years
'Libraries gave us power'
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: SA Lump Sum
I have been doing an SA collection duty about 1 or 2 times per week since january, am I entitled to this bonus?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: SA Lump Sum
if it says scheduled attendance on your wage slip yesJpro747 wrote:I have been doing an SA collection duty about 1 or 2 times per week since january, am I entitled to this bonus?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: SA Lump Sum
dream onchickenwittle wrote:best part of 200 quid hopefully
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: SA Lump Sum
I've never discovered how the SA Lump Sum is calculated but mine annually works out at about 8½% of the previous 12 months SA payment, split equally between May and Augustbringon4dayweeks wrote:dream onchickenwittle wrote:best part of 200 quid hopefully
so £200 paid this week would be for about £9,500 a year SA payment or about 20 hours SA worked each week.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: SA Lump Sum
SA is Scheduled Attendance.
This is pre arranged overtime that you guarantee to do and is paid at a slightly higher overtime rate.
It also attracts 2 "holiday" payments each year.
This is pre arranged overtime that you guarantee to do and is paid at a slightly higher overtime rate.
It also attracts 2 "holiday" payments each year.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dave0876
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09
Re: SA Lump Sum
8.5% of 9500 is 807.50 i think somebody needs to go back to school.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: SA Lump Sum
I stand corrected, but you're forgetting the second payment.dave0876 wrote:8.5% of 9500 is 807.50 i think somebody needs to go back to school.
£200 paid this week plus £200 paid in August would be for about £4,706 a year SA payment or about 10 hours SA worked each week, two hours a day.
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: SA Lump Sum
short arse?andy3665 wrote:What is SA?