I got a van bud ( one of the Suzuki Carrys which are ideal for narrow country lanes )motch wrote:get a bigger car ?savo wrote:Cheers for feedback chaps !
I was already considering dropping one of my rounds before we start hitting the Xmas rush ( was having trouble fitting everything in my van, and the geography of area I cover makes it difficult to re-load without incurring a lot of "dead" mileage and wasted time )
May have to bite the bullet sooner than I thought unless it is a "freak" week.
get a trailer ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hermes in peace - packets ?
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Hermes in peace - packets ?
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Hermes in peace - packets ?
Once RM prices increase its not long before the others follow suit, and the program Channel 4 are showing on Monday doesn't look like it gonna do the private parcel companies any favours.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Hermes in peace - packets ?
Savo, might we ask why you left Royal Mail and now work for Hermes ( with apologies if you've said so elsewhere on here ) ?savo wrote:I got a van bud ( one of the Suzuki Carrys which are ideal for narrow country lanes )motch wrote:get a bigger car ?savo wrote:Cheers for feedback chaps !
I was already considering dropping one of my rounds before we start hitting the Xmas rush ( was having trouble fitting everything in my van, and the geography of area I cover makes it difficult to re-load without incurring a lot of "dead" mileage and wasted time )
May have to bite the bullet sooner than I thought unless it is a "freak" week.
get a trailer ?
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Hermes in peace - packets ?
Hello LL, sorry I didn't see your post ( usually have a quick daily look on here, mainly because I have a deferred RM pension )
Regarding your question: I hadn't planned to leave RM when I did, I did have a problem with my knee, which was aggravated by an AOD , so I was thinking about trying to get out via IHR.....
I had transferred to the DO about 2 years before I left, had to go from FT to 30 hr contract to get transfer,but after a year I was made up to FT again. Didn't have a problem with my new office, or my new colleagues - a great bunch in general.
I was a reserve for most of the time, which I expected & didn't have problem with, a few of the old timers left and I was able to sign for my own walk ( one I regularly covered enjoyed )
Walked in office about fortnight after signing for walk, to find someone else prepping it !! Asked what was going on, and was told that I had to cover another walk ( one I hadn't done for approx. 12 months, and struggled with when I did do it )
Started prepping it, but then I thought, nah fcuk it, chucked the pile of letters up in the air and walked out, never to return...
One of the linos did come to house to see me, but I didn't want to talk about it..... I just went down and put it in writing.
My mrs wasn't impressed, but understood why I did it, had some saving to tide me over until got sorted again ( did a couple of other things before Hermes ) BUt she knows I am an impulsive type ( as is she haha )
Anyway, left with pride intact, I was one they were not going to pi$$ about.... still see a lot of my mates from DO, they have just gone thru the modernisation thing and morale is low, the long service folk are just hoping to struggle through till pension time..
Still really glad I transferred, living in a beautiful part of the country, very low crime, good community, 10 mins from several beaches etc etc, and I had a job to go to down here with RM
,, oh and I got a couple of bags compo for my AOD after I left
Sorry I have waffled on a /bit /
Regarding your question: I hadn't planned to leave RM when I did, I did have a problem with my knee, which was aggravated by an AOD , so I was thinking about trying to get out via IHR.....
I had transferred to the DO about 2 years before I left, had to go from FT to 30 hr contract to get transfer,but after a year I was made up to FT again. Didn't have a problem with my new office, or my new colleagues - a great bunch in general.
I was a reserve for most of the time, which I expected & didn't have problem with, a few of the old timers left and I was able to sign for my own walk ( one I regularly covered enjoyed )
Walked in office about fortnight after signing for walk, to find someone else prepping it !! Asked what was going on, and was told that I had to cover another walk ( one I hadn't done for approx. 12 months, and struggled with when I did do it )
Started prepping it, but then I thought, nah fcuk it, chucked the pile of letters up in the air and walked out, never to return...
One of the linos did come to house to see me, but I didn't want to talk about it..... I just went down and put it in writing.
My mrs wasn't impressed, but understood why I did it, had some saving to tide me over until got sorted again ( did a couple of other things before Hermes ) BUt she knows I am an impulsive type ( as is she haha )
Anyway, left with pride intact, I was one they were not going to pi$$ about.... still see a lot of my mates from DO, they have just gone thru the modernisation thing and morale is low, the long service folk are just hoping to struggle through till pension time..
Still really glad I transferred, living in a beautiful part of the country, very low crime, good community, 10 mins from several beaches etc etc, and I had a job to go to down here with RM
Sorry I have waffled on a /bit /
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Hermes in peace - packets ?
No, interesting. Well done, and I wish you well.savo wrote:Hello LL, sorry I didn't see your post ( usually have a quick daily look on here, mainly because I have a deferred RM pension )
Regarding your question: I hadn't planned to leave RM when I did, I did have a problem with my knee, which was aggravated by an AOD , so I was thinking about trying to get out via IHR.....
I had transferred to the DO about 2 years before I left, had to go from FT to 30 hr contract to get transfer,but after a year I was made up to FT again. Didn't have a problem with my new office, or my new colleagues - a great bunch in general.
I was a reserve for most of the time, which I expected & didn't have problem with, a few of the old timers left and I was able to sign for my own walk ( one I regularly covered enjoyed )
Walked in office about fortnight after signing for walk, to find someone else prepping it !! Asked what was going on, and was told that I had to cover another walk ( one I hadn't done for approx. 12 months, and struggled with when I did do it )
Started prepping it, but then I thought, nah fcuk it, chucked the pile of letters up in the air and walked out, never to return...
One of the linos did come to house to see me, but I didn't want to talk about it..... I just went down and put it in writing.
My mrs wasn't impressed, but understood why I did it, had some saving to tide me over until got sorted again ( did a couple of other things before Hermes ) BUt she knows I am an impulsive type ( as is she haha )
Anyway, left with pride intact, I was one they were not going to pi$$ about.... still see a lot of my mates from DO, they have just gone thru the modernisation thing and morale is low, the long service folk are just hoping to struggle through till pension time..
Still really glad I transferred, living in a beautiful part of the country, very low crime, good community, 10 mins from several beaches etc etc, and I had a job to go to down here with RM,, oh and I got a couple of bags compo for my AOD after I left
![]()
Sorry I have waffled on a /bit /
Conversely, I'm far better several years in at Royal Mail after similarly pissed-off at a previous job.
This forum just goes to help us realise how we've not all got it the same.