Thanksaiden01 wrote:Good luck mate keep us updated.phronsias wrote:Hi
I got a text from the area CWU rep yesterday and we have a meeting in the morning, he wants my IBS to be assessed , the old DOM was ok with me, he put me on a walk near my house so I could go home if needed. and in the repick I picked a walk that my house was on. Now Im on reserve I dread the thought of not knowing if I have access to a loo.
Thanks again for all your advice.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DOM threats
-
phronsias
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Re: DOM threats
-
phronsias
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Re: DOM threats
Hi
Just in from my meeting with the CWU area rep, he said hes sure Im already covered under DDA, and was assessed about 7 years ago. hes going to ask for me to be reassessed, until then he will ask for me to be kept on the same walk with designated toilet facilities.And to be walk tested on my old walk.
fingers crossed
Just in from my meeting with the CWU area rep, he said hes sure Im already covered under DDA, and was assessed about 7 years ago. hes going to ask for me to be reassessed, until then he will ask for me to be kept on the same walk with designated toilet facilities.And to be walk tested on my old walk.
fingers crossed
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: DOM threats
Good to see you're getting some union support. Hope they also had a go at your office Rep, tell them their responsibilities are with you, for you, not to go in favour of the DOM, especially when they take action where an agreement on the issue doesn't exist in the way they have dealt with you.phronsias wrote:Hi
Just in from my meeting with the CWU area rep, he said hes sure Im already covered under DDA, and was assessed about 7 years ago. hes going to ask for me to be reassessed, until then he will ask for me to be kept on the same walk with designated toilet facilities.And to be walk tested on my old walk.
fingers crossed
Hope it goes well for you.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: DOM threats
Hope it all goes well for you and good luck.phronsias wrote:Hi
Just in from my meeting with the CWU area rep, he said hes sure Im already covered under DDA, and was assessed about 7 years ago. hes going to ask for me to be reassessed, until then he will ask for me to be kept on the same walk with designated toilet facilities.And to be walk tested on my old walk.
fingers crossed
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: DOM threats
Don't know if its been said already but if they are unhappy they should test you and your duty with the cwu from start to finish including prep etc before they can make a decision on whether or not you are under performing, that is the procedure they are supposed to follow.
-
phronsias
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Re: DOM threats
Hi
I told my line manager this morning, that my IBS is out of control and Ive been up most of the night in the loo, and I didnt know the walk he put me on today and I wanted to work indoors, he said no work indoors, I said I was going sick and they were the cause, he said to see the DOM, I took a friend and told the DOM the same story and he didnt want me to go sick as Im on a stage 2, he asked what I wanted, I said I wanted my walk back, my house was near if I need to use the loo, He said OK. Its a good outcome but it will take months for my IBS to settle down again.
Thanks for all your advice
I told my line manager this morning, that my IBS is out of control and Ive been up most of the night in the loo, and I didnt know the walk he put me on today and I wanted to work indoors, he said no work indoors, I said I was going sick and they were the cause, he said to see the DOM, I took a friend and told the DOM the same story and he didnt want me to go sick as Im on a stage 2, he asked what I wanted, I said I wanted my walk back, my house was near if I need to use the loo, He said OK. Its a good outcome but it will take months for my IBS to settle down again.
Thanks for all your advice
-
phronsias
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Re: DOM threats
I had a atos assessment by phone on my walk yesterday, the short and tall is. atos said Im covered by the DDA, and the managers shouldn't have taken me off my walk, will being covered by the DDA make any difference to how the management treat me?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: DOM threats
It should do. They are supposed to work to whatever guidelines Atos set out. If they don't, you can cause a stink for them. Wait and see what happens, make sure your Rep is kept up to date. Good luck.phronsias wrote:I had a atos assessment by phone on my walk yesterday, the short and tall is. atos said Im covered by the DDA, and the managers shouldn't have taken me off my walk, will being covered by the DDA make any difference to how the management treat me?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
phronsias
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Re: DOM threats
ThanksUnhappyGremlin wrote:It should do. They are supposed to work to whatever guidelines Atos set out. If they don't, you can cause a stink for them. Wait and see what happens, make sure your Rep is kept up to date. Good luck.phronsias wrote:I had a atos assessment by phone on my walk yesterday, the short and tall is. atos said Im covered by the DDA, and the managers shouldn't have taken me off my walk, will being covered by the DDA make any difference to how the management treat me?