ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

goodbye royal mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by arnold cheshire »

BYE :funneh
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy God luck, I retired last year, and I look ,and feel, 10 years younger!
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by postman nel »

so after 13 years..5 years of physiotherapy...and 3 months off recovering from surgery...royal mail have offered me ihr..so come end of may I shall be getting my social life back..sad to leave some of the lads..but as our office is going into van share think its the right time..enjoy :dance
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by flaminmoses »

only had 4 different jobs in my time.

one was a laugh but not fulfilling
one exploited its workers
one unexploited its workers :chuckle but the boss was a t1t when it came to things financial :arrrghhh
this one had its laughs but essentially was quite a demanding job....unless you had your own cushy walk.
overall i enjoyed it though.

good bye.

will be hanging about the forum though
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

flaminmoses wrote:only had 4 different jobs in my time.

one was a laugh but not fulfilling
one exploited its workers
one unexploited its workers :chuckle but the boss was a t1t when it came to things financial :arrrghhh
this one had its laughs but essentially was quite a demanding job....unless you had your own cushy walk.
overall i enjoyed it though.

good bye.

will be hanging about the forum though
And no doubt as time passes, and you hear ever more worsening stories from those still in jail, I mean RM, you'll think how glad you were to escape when you did.
Good luck.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by Stormproof »

I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by stokes11eg »

Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
:shock: I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

stokes11eg wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
:shock: I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
I think its accelerated since Crozier (although have no links to prove it) - I guess because of his claim of Spanish Practices and being only 60% efficient this gave management the green light to turn the screw and no we have the situation where after about 10 - 15 years working as a walking postie things start to break down. CDV and trolleys "may" extend the useful working life of an average postie but not enough to make this a School to retirement job. :cry
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pekeroon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 13
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by pekeroon »

stokes11eg wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
:shock: I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
10 years ago i never heard of anyone taking ihr
But over the years the walks have got far to big that it has got quite common to hear of ihr in my ex office
and some of the people are only in there 30's
Sad really it was a nice job 10 years ago
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

pekeroon wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
:shock: I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
10 years ago i never heard of anyone taking ihr
But over the years the walks have got far to big that it has got quite common to hear of ihr in my ex office
and some of the people are only in there 30's
Sad really it was a nice job 10 years ago
What about this crammypostie1?
How do you explain this?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by flaminmoses »

pekeroon wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
:shock: I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
10 years ago i never heard of anyone taking ihr
But over the years the walks have got far to big that it has got quite common to hear of ihr in my ex office
and some of the people are only in there 30's
Sad really it was a nice job 10 years ago

ihrs doubled in a 2 year period upto last summer.
think it may be a strategy leading upto privatisation.
human1
Posts: 223
Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by human1 »

What kind of job you have managed to get ? more pay than RM?
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by NWpostie »

Which would have been better IHR or voluntary redundancy, are they using IHR as a backdoor redundancy ? :hmmmm
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Breakfast ? :crazy:
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by stokes11eg »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
pekeroon wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
:shock: I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
10 years ago i never heard of anyone taking ihr
But over the years the walks have got far to big that it has got quite common to hear of ihr in my ex office
and some of the people are only in there 30's
Sad really it was a nice job 10 years ago
What about this crammypostie1?
How do you explain this?
:sad: The thing is, all these posties are genuinely ill--is it the job that does this? yes, in my opinion! I know myself, and probably many others, came to this job in peak condition, (one of the attractions for me was the excersise/outside nature of the job)--and within a few short years my body started to crumble under the strain, only sheer pervesity kept me going year! Thanfully, I've retired now, but all the plans I had for my retirement, includinf long walks along the West Highland Way etc are out the door.