ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DOM threats

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by Lincox »

When you bring loops back, have you pre notified your line manager that you will be unable to complete, prior to leaving the DO. If so, what was his instructions, and if they were to the effect that he thought you could complete, did he provide documentary evidence to you prior to you leaving the office. The documentary evidence should consist of the daily traffic figures for that day, substantiating his reason for believing that you should be able to complete. If this is the case and the Overrunning Delivery Procedures have not been followed, then I would put in a disagreement.
ninja
Posts: 193
Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by ninja »

phronsias wrote:Hi
I was called into the doms office this morning,the union rep was there, I was told he wasn't happy with me and my partner brining back loops and told me I was going to be taken off my walk and put on reserve from Tuesday,and he said I would be doing a different walk every week. I asked the rep if he could do this and he said yes he went on to say I have a negative altitude, my partner was pulled in after me and told the same.
In short that answer is no the DOM cannot simple decide to remove you or your partner from your walks and the local rep should have known this. There is a process to follow and this is based around additional training and support. The first thing you need to do is write to the DOM and ask them to confirm in writing that you are being removed from this walk and also request a copy of the procedure that allows them to do this.

It would seem strange behaviour that the DOM is saying that you are unable to complete a dedicated duty and so by given you a different walk each week will improve the situation, but without understanding what the problems are.

Each walk would have been planned with a volume of attendance calls (packets,specials,tracked,etc) and your walk should have this total identified on your frame, so for example in my patch if a walk say had 23 attendance calls marked on the frame they would know that anything over this number isn't part of there workload and would be given to the line manager to deal with.

Also I would contact the outdoor dept at CWU HQ and inform them about this issue and they should at least make the branch investigate and perhaps also start the B&H process.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by phronsias »

Ossie From Preston wrote:Here is few questions I would like to ask you.

1) when your off does your partner finish the loops?
2) when your partner is off do you finish the loops?
3) Has the walk been tested? if it has and it can be done in the delivery span they can take you off on the grounds of performance Issues this is what your rep seems to be agreeing on.


1 No
2 No
3 not with me on it,

ps the guys who cover our combind walks on our day off cant complete the duty
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: DOM threats

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

This is bullying, plain and simple.
If there are performance issues (which I doubt), there is an agreed procedure to deal with it, and it does not involve removing you or your partner from your duty.
It sounds like another case of an over faced duty that needs to be tested.
Both the manager/DOM, (and unfortunately it seems) the Rep are twats.

Ask for the decision and the reasons for it in writing, and to see the appropriate agreement from the manager and the Rep.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by phronsias »

ninja wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
I was called into the doms office this morning,the union rep was there, I was told he wasn't happy with me and my partner brining back loops and told me I was going to be taken off my walk and put on reserve from Tuesday,and he said I would be doing a different walk every week. I asked the rep if he could do this and he said yes he went on to say I have a negative altitude, my partner was pulled in after me and told the same.
In short that answer is no the DOM cannot simple decide to remove you or your partner from your walks and the local rep should have known this. There is a process to follow and this is based around additional training and support. The first thing you need to do is write to the DOM and ask them to confirm in writing that you are being removed from this walk and also request a copy of the procedure that allows them to do this.

It would seem strange behaviour that the DOM is saying that you are unable to complete a dedicated duty and so by given you a different walk each week will improve the situation, but without understanding what the problems are.

Each walk would have been planned with a volume of attendance calls (packets,specials,tracked,etc) and your walk should have this total identified on your frame, so for example in my patch if a walk say had 23 attendance calls marked on the frame they would know that anything over this number isn't part of there workload and would be given to the line manager to deal with.

Also I would contact the outdoor dept at CWU HQ and inform them about this issue and they should at least make the branch investigate and perhaps also start the B&H process.
Hi
How do I contact the outdoor dept at CWU HQ ?
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: DOM threats

Post by Pinky 1 »

CWU Outdoor Section :

Assistant Secretary - Bob Gibson: bgibson@cwu.org
Policy Advisor - Steve Fishwick: sfishwick@cwu.org
Senior secretary: Hayley Nutley: hnutley@cwu.org 0208 971 7276
General enquiries: outdoorsecretary@cwu.org 0208 971 7341

That's the national contacts, if you want your regional contacts just pm me your region
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by phronsias »

Pinky 1 wrote:CWU Outdoor Section :

Assistant Secretary - Bob Gibson: bgibson@cwu.org
Policy Advisor - Steve Fishwick: sfishwick@cwu.org
Senior secretary: Hayley Nutley: hnutley@cwu.org 0208 971 7276
General enquiries: outdoorsecretary@cwu.org 0208 971 7341

That's the national contacts, if you want your regional contacts just pm me your region
Thanks for your help!
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by phronsias »

Lincox wrote:When you bring loops back, have you pre notified your line manager that you will be unable to complete, prior to leaving the DO. If so, what was his instructions, and if they were to the effect that he thought you could complete, did he provide documentary evidence to you prior to you leaving the office. The documentary evidence should consist of the daily traffic figures for that day, substantiating his reason for believing that you should be able to complete. If this is the case and the Overrunning Delivery Procedures have not been followed, then I would put in a disagreement.
Hi
I told our line manager every time prior to leaving the DO that we couldnt complete and he did the loops himself or paid someone overtime to mop up
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by Lincox »

So the line manager, by having your loops completed by himself or some bod on overtime is effectively agreeing that the volume of mail on those days was more than you could be expected to complete within your duty hours, as he has not called in to question any reason why you should not be able to complete. The DOM and your rep have acted outside of any nationally agreed criteria and therefore you should treat this matter as harassment and complete a B&H Claim Form asap, and as previously said, notify Bob Gibson at CWU HQ of the way you are being treated, and ask for his involvement in sorting this disgraceful situation out as soon as possible.
parcelboy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 206
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 17:41
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by parcelboy »

Some things will never change RM Managers a law untill themselves.What is this company and the CWU playing at it needs to be sorted or are RM hoping the Privatisation will allow them to sweep all tese wrongs under the carpet shame on all..
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by phronsias »

ninja wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
I was called into the doms office this morning,the union rep was there, I was told he wasn't happy with me and my partner brining back loops and told me I was going to be taken off my walk and put on reserve from Tuesday,and he said I would be doing a different walk every week. I asked the rep if he could do this and he said yes he went on to say I have a negative altitude, my partner was pulled in after me and told the same.
In short that answer is no the DOM cannot simple decide to remove you or your partner from your walks and the local rep should have known this. There is a process to follow and this is based around additional training and support. The first thing you need to do is write to the DOM and ask them to confirm in writing that you are being removed from this walk and also request a copy of the procedure that allows them to do this.

It would seem strange behaviour that the DOM is saying that you are unable to complete a dedicated duty and so by given you a different walk each week will improve the situation, but without understanding what the problems are.

Each walk would have been planned with a volume of attendance calls (packets,specials,tracked,etc) and your walk should have this total identified on your frame, so for example in my patch if a walk say had 23 attendance calls marked on the frame they would know that anything over this number isn't part of there workload and would be given to the line manager to deal with.

Also I would contact the outdoor dept at CWU HQ and inform them about this issue and they should at least make the branch investigate and perhaps also start the B&H process.
Hi
I was told this morning that Im on reserve from Tuesday my partner stays on our walk,I wrote to the DOM asking him to confirm in writing that i am being removed from this walk and also request a copy of the procedure that allows them to do this. Ive had no reply from him. It should have been my long weekend next week and I am going to a wedding but the walk Im on day off is bankholiday Monday, do Royal mail have the right to frak me about like this?
Thanks
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: DOM threats

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

phronsias wrote:
ninja wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
I was called into the doms office this morning,the union rep was there, I was told he wasn't happy with me and my partner brining back loops and told me I was going to be taken off my walk and put on reserve from Tuesday,and he said I would be doing a different walk every week. I asked the rep if he could do this and he said yes he went on to say I have a negative altitude, my partner was pulled in after me and told the same.
In short that answer is no the DOM cannot simple decide to remove you or your partner from your walks and the local rep should have known this. There is a process to follow and this is based around additional training and support. The first thing you need to do is write to the DOM and ask them to confirm in writing that you are being removed from this walk and also request a copy of the procedure that allows them to do this.

It would seem strange behaviour that the DOM is saying that you are unable to complete a dedicated duty and so by given you a different walk each week will improve the situation, but without understanding what the problems are.

Each walk would have been planned with a volume of attendance calls (packets,specials,tracked,etc) and your walk should have this total identified on your frame, so for example in my patch if a walk say had 23 attendance calls marked on the frame they would know that anything over this number isn't part of there workload and would be given to the line manager to deal with.

Also I would contact the outdoor dept at CWU HQ and inform them about this issue and they should at least make the branch investigate and perhaps also start the B&H process.
Hi
I was told this morning that Im on reserve from Tuesday my partner stays on our walk,I wrote to the DOM asking him to confirm in writing that i am being removed from this walk and also request a copy of the procedure that allows them to do this. Ive had no reply from him. It should have been my long weekend next week and I am going to a wedding but the walk Im on day off is bankholiday Monday, do Royal mail have the right to frak me about like this?
Thanks
Whenever I write to a manager over an issue, I always do 2 things. First, I send it special delivery, so they can't deny receiving it. Second, I also send a copy of it to their boss, mentioning I have done so in the letter. It can also be a good idea to make sure the Rep knows (if you have one), or have them write it with you.
I have also given them a deadline by which to reply, one or two weeks.
If the manager doesn't reply to your letter, write to their boss, or alternately, file a grievance. You are essentially being punished, for committing no offence, and out of line of any agreement of procedure as far as I can tell.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by Lincox »

I believe that you are entitled to at least a minimum of two weeks notice of change, and that's assuming that they can do this in the first place. Inform your DOM that in view of his inability to follow procedure, and the fact that you have already made plans for your normal day off which involves attending a wedding, you will not be attending work on that day, but will fulfil contracted hours by working the day off that is attributed to the new position, but subject to the disagreement that you have lodged against your removal from your current position.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by phronsias »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
phronsias wrote:
ninja wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
I was called into the doms office this morning,the union rep was there, I was told he wasn't happy with me and my partner brining back loops and told me I was going to be taken off my walk and put on reserve from Tuesday,and he said I would be doing a different walk every week. I asked the rep if he could do this and he said yes he went on to say I have a negative altitude, my partner was pulled in after me and told the same.
In short that answer is no the DOM cannot simple decide to remove you or your partner from your walks and the local rep should have known this. There is a process to follow and this is based around additional training and support. The first thing you need to do is write to the DOM and ask them to confirm in writing that you are being removed from this walk and also request a copy of the procedure that allows them to do this.

It would seem strange behaviour that the DOM is saying that you are unable to complete a dedicated duty and so by given you a different walk each week will improve the situation, but without understanding what the problems are.

Each walk would have been planned with a volume of attendance calls (packets,specials,tracked,etc) and your walk should have this total identified on your frame, so for example in my patch if a walk say had 23 attendance calls marked on the frame they would know that anything over this number isn't part of there workload and would be given to the line manager to deal with.

Also I would contact the outdoor dept at CWU HQ and inform them about this issue and they should at least make the branch investigate and perhaps also start the B&H process.
Hi
I was told this morning that Im on reserve from Tuesday my partner stays on our walk,I wrote to the DOM asking him to confirm in writing that i am being removed from this walk and also request a copy of the procedure that allows them to do this. Ive had no reply from him. It should have been my long weekend next week and I am going to a wedding but the walk Im on day off is bankholiday Monday, do Royal mail have the right to frak me about like this?
Thanks
Whenever I write to a manager over an issue, I always do 2 things. First, I send it special delivery, so they can't deny receiving it. Second, I also send a copy of it to their boss, mentioning I have done so in the letter. It can also be a good idea to make sure the Rep knows (if you have one), or have them write it with you.
I have also given them a deadline by which to reply, one or two weeks.
If the manager doesn't reply to your letter, write to their boss, or alternately, file a grievance. You are essentially being punished, for committing no offence, and out of line of any agreement of procedure as far as I can tell.
Hi and thanks
Which agreement of procedure can I quote? How about my day off? I gave a copy of the letter the the rep on the 2nd of May. What do you think about emailing Moya?
Thanks
Again
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: DOM threats

Post by fishtank »

Managers can move anybody if they can show a genuine business requirement but it can't be punitive and it can't be vindictive.
It would be very doubtful that it could be justified on performance grounds because moving you is not going to help any "alleged" performance issues.
The best course of action is for your rep to insist on a written explanation of the grounds for moving you,that is a reasonable request under the circumstances.
That will either cause the manager to back down or he will further implicate himself by either lying or using an unreasonable excuse to move you.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share