ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
I am very bolshy myself, I tell them I can't complete and I am not afraid, there is nothing they can do to intimidate me and they want you to complete without booking overtime, they use every trick in the book to make you, if you show them that none of it has any effect on you, they will give up because any further it becomes a B&H case they don't want the hassle of that.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
Now there's a thought that hadn't crossed my mind........................more than twice a dayfishtank wrote:Whilst not knocking these cards one does wonder where the f**k the representation has gone in some offices...borders wrote:excellent idea from the Voice , lets all flash these cards to the bosses and they will soon get the message.
This whole B&H survey and resultant campaign should be ringing alarm bells on our side as much as management's.
Members should not have to complain directly to HQ about bullying.if they do something has gone wrong in our representation structure.
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
Lark and Poop....sorry, Park and Loop means..as far as i can see..."Leave the houses with gates, steps, drives or difficult stuff behind as cutoffs. But take the terraced, easy stuff." Not on quiet days...every bloody day. Then, as long as the boss has someone coming in to do cutoffs, they seem to be Bomb Proof here. Totally.
Its accepted now as the "Norm". In fact, i don't know whats gonna happen when Xmas pressure starts, there'll be more left behind than taken out!!!!
So, with sweat streaming from our eyes, we pass the rounds guys/ladies sitting chatting and parked up...not for their break but for Additional breaks. No joking.
No shame, no morals, and they always seem to get back EXACTLY just in time to do their N/A stickers and sign out.
Weird that??
Its accepted now as the "Norm". In fact, i don't know whats gonna happen when Xmas pressure starts, there'll be more left behind than taken out!!!!
So, with sweat streaming from our eyes, we pass the rounds guys/ladies sitting chatting and parked up...not for their break but for Additional breaks. No joking.
No shame, no morals, and they always seem to get back EXACTLY just in time to do their N/A stickers and sign out.
Weird that??
-
maidstoneposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 18:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
Don't stand for any bullying, stick to your guns and grow a backbone
-
brandydoguk
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 10:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
I simply ask lino "Are you paying overtime or am I cutting off?".
If they give any other answer than "I'll pay the overtime" I say "Wrong answer, I'm cutting off" and walk away immediately.
They usually come creeping round a few minutes later saying they'll pay the overtime.
If they give any other answer than "I'll pay the overtime" I say "Wrong answer, I'm cutting off" and walk away immediately.
They usually come creeping round a few minutes later saying they'll pay the overtime.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
brandydoguk wrote:I simply ask lino "Are you paying overtime or am I cutting off?".
If they give any other answer than "I'll pay the overtime" I say "Wrong answer, I'm cutting off" and walk away immediately.
They usually come creeping round a few minutes later saying they'll pay the overtime.
I'm not knocking people for working overtime but the people under the real pressure are those that don't have the option of "Are you paying overtime or am I cutting off?".
That's who senior management and to a certain extent the union have compromised most by agreeing to this whole flexing up/down business model.
Those guys are in the firing line every day.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
you dont have to make excuses its your time not theirsSherpas Rule wrote:I always say to the boss, 'if you're picking up my daughter from nursery for me or paying the extra fees for keeping her in late then I'll happily work over my time' otherwise, it's
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
I've been told by a boss that I have to work over UNLESS I can give a good excuse as to why I can't.bringon4dayweeks wrote:you dont have to make excuses its your time not theirsSherpas Rule wrote:I always say to the boss, 'if you're picking up my daughter from nursery for me or paying the extra fees for keeping her in late then I'll happily work over my time' otherwise, it's
I just tell them it's none of their business, nosy bastards. They just want the chance to bully me into working over if I have 'nothing better to do'.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
Just show h&m the card in he voice magazine ,,simples ,,
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
I start on time and don't work over when out on the walk, ever. If I finish early then I will flex 30 mins indoor work in a morning once a week if asked. To be honest we do have decent managers, they know the score with the workload and are regularly out delivering our cut offs because there aren't enough staff to do it on o/t.fishtank wrote:brandydoguk wrote:I simply ask lino "Are you paying overtime or am I cutting off?".
If they give any other answer than "I'll pay the overtime" I say "Wrong answer, I'm cutting off" and walk away immediately.
They usually come creeping round a few minutes later saying they'll pay the overtime.
I'm not knocking people for working overtime but the people under the real pressure are those that don't have the option of "Are you paying overtime or am I cutting off?".
That's who senior management and to a certain extent the union have compromised most by agreeing to this whole flexing up/down business model.
Those guys are in the firing line every day.
Even with good managers though there are still bell ends in our office coming in up to an hour early and working over without ever claiming.
-
WornOutPosty
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
All this is a bit confusing in places. Say you make 45 minutes one light day for example. A heavy day comes and you go over by, say, 1 hour. In that situation you would only get 15 minutes overtime paid even though you've worked a hole 60 minutes extra?
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
No, if you work 1 hour over your time you are entitled to claim 1 hours overtime, if you finish 45 minutes early on another day it is your managers responsibility to provide you with enough work to keep you to your finish time on that day.WornOutPosty wrote:All this is a bit confusing in places. Say you make 45 minutes one light day for example. A heavy day comes and you go over by, say, 1 hour. In that situation you would only get 15 minutes overtime paid even though you've worked a hole 60 minutes extra?
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
My bosses try this on with me. I quote them the flexibility agreement (the real one not their dodgy version). No banking hours, 30 minutes per week flex (ONLY IF AGREED BY BOTH PARTIES BEFOREHAND). They always try it on, my DOM tried it on yesterday the sad git. Like a bunch of kids.WornOutPosty wrote:All this is a bit confusing in places. Say you make 45 minutes one light day for example. A heavy day comes and you go over by, say, 1 hour. In that situation you would only get 15 minutes overtime paid even though you've worked a hole 60 minutes extra?
-
WornOutPosty
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
Where is the real one - can I download it?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't Complete? Dare you Tell Your Manager?
WornOutPosty wrote:Where is the real one - can I download it?
The 1st pdf...Variation of hours – Where necessary, for example when traffic
volumes are unexpectedly high or resourcing issues arise, individuals
may be asked and may themselves request to vary their duty times by
up to 30 minutes on a swings and roundabouts basis. Again, individual
circumstances will be taken into account and total weekly contractual
hours would not change.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=12462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.