Bizarre twist of fate brings Black Country fundraisers together
http://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/103888 ... _together/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A BIZARRE coincidence has brought together Black Country cyclists including a Stourbridge postie hoping to deliver charity cash.
Steve Gould, from Norton, will be setting off to ride from John O'Groats to Land's End on Saturday June 8 to raise money to support the battle against prostate cancer.
In a strange twist of fate, one of the houses on Mr Gould's round is home to News Group journalist Martyn Smith, who along with recording studio boss Warren Evans, is setting out on the same journey - on the same day.
Martyn Smith said: "I only knew Steve as my postie and we had never said anything more than hello to each other until he heard from a mutual friend that a reporter from Stourbridge was doing this ride.
"He knocked on our door and my partner confirmed I was the same Martyn Smith, it's very strange we are starting the same challenge on the same day.
"Steve is an experienced cyclist and charity fundraiser, he is planning to do the trip much quicker than us - I just want to get to Land's End in one piece."
Steve Gould added: "I've been a postie in Stourbridge for over 29 years and done a few charity challenges in the past - the last one raised just over £4,500 for Mary Stevens Hospice.
"I decided that I needed another challenge this year as I will be 50 in June. I found that The Ride Across Britain event finishes at Land's End the day before my birthday so couldn't resist."
To sponsor Steve visit http://www.sponsorme.co.uk/stevegould/e ... cycle-ride" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Warren Evans, who owns Base Studios in Rufford Road, Stourbridge, and Martyn Smith are riding to raise cash for Dementia UK.
There will be a gig featuring Life in a Tin at Base Studios on Saturday May 25 to raise cash to fund the duo's charity bid.
To support them visit http://www.justgiving.com/Warren-Evans1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bizarre twist of fate brings Black Country fundraisers toget
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Bizarre twist of fate brings Black Country fundraisers toget
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.