SpacePhoenix wrote:Where's the official delivery point for the supermarket? Deliver the items there, if no staff member wants to sign for anything that needs signing for, kill them items off as refused
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Supermarket Mail
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Supermarket Mail
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Supermarket Mail
Had this with a business I used to deliver to, one of the security people insisted I took anything that needed a signature to goods in, which was a pain in the arse. I insisted that all mail goes to the delivery point, security guards office, he refused to sign, took notice left from pocket started to write it and he decided to sign. Just to cover my back told DOM, who wrote to business stating they can have the delivery point moved at a cost, they said they had no problem with present delivery point.
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Supermarket Mail
I have a college on my walk as well with the same sort of scenario as the supermarket, I go in to the reception with the mail they take a quick look at the packets on top or recordeds/reggies etc then say "Oh these three has to go down the corridor to the Admins office" Yeah right I just walk off.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Supermarket Mail
Those staff need to learn we doesn't have the time to go to floor upstairs to get it signed or whatever. We only got about 1 or 2 minutes to deliver the stuff and move on.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Supermarket Mail
And there is only one way they will learn, and that's the hard way. Just leave it and go.Darren Bent wrote:Those staff need to learn we doesn't have the time to go to floor upstairs to get it signed or whatever. We only got about 1 or 2 minutes to deliver the stuff and move on.
I told one business customer, after they threatened to 'report' me for refusing to walk round delivering mail to different departments, that I am not an internal mailing service, then gave them my name, my bosses name and his phone number. Thought I was winding them up.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Supermarket Mail
Exactly! All we have to do is stand or ground on this one, we are delivering to a supermarket, we take it to customer service, our job is done. Their own internal mail is up to them. Our job begins and ends by giving in the mail to the designated delivery point.
I realised after a few months in this job, that there are certain people, in certain shops, who seem to think they are above us mere postmen and who think they can order us around as if we were a shop worker in their shop. End of the day, Royal Mail is our boss, we don't have to listen to jumped up little Hitlers in shops, no matter what 'badge' they might be wearing.
I realised after a few months in this job, that there are certain people, in certain shops, who seem to think they are above us mere postmen and who think they can order us around as if we were a shop worker in their shop. End of the day, Royal Mail is our boss, we don't have to listen to jumped up little Hitlers in shops, no matter what 'badge' they might be wearing.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Supermarket Mail
Agreed as we can't be in wrong room and be open to securtiy issues and we won't know the layout of the whole shop.