http://www.batleynews.co.uk/news/local/ ... -1-5596803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fewer staff have been more dedicated to their job than postal worker Chris Scott.
This week he celebrated working four decades at Royal Mail’s delivery office in Grange Valley Road, Soothill.
Chris, of Bank Foot Street, Batley, was honoured for his long service on Tuesday morning by his co-workers.
He said: “It is a great achievement and quite rare for someone to service as long as this in Batley.”
Chris has been no stranger to early mornings since first taking up the post in 1973 and often got up for work as early as 4am.
“Being a young lad, it was difficult getting up when I’d been out the night before,” he said. “I remember one Christmas putting on my uniform before going to bed to make sure I got up!”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
40 years of first class service
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
40 years of first class service
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.