ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA's what a pile of sh*t
-
Regal
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
Wait till the string snaps and you loose the plaggi pen, funny as flip!
Tomorrow Never Knows
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
No joke mine froze 3 days in a row at exactly the sametime...no joke!...
Toon Army!
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
I see your point,but most of the interest I had in the job has gone now,if it plays up when I am trying to get a signature I just leave it in the back of the van and use paper and pen.chrisj wrote:fair enough - it was just an observational comment.
They do download eventually but managers have been coming round saying Tracked Items have not been scanned. In most of the cases, it is us postie missing the new (very small) labels but I do wonder whether the PDA might also be an issue.
It does not help if a manager comes to you many days after the event especially for some of us that do many different walks and delivery mail that has been bagged up by others (some ppl insist on incorporating tracks and specials with mail in the bag).
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
There's a national problem with them at the moment and as at 1015 this morning it hadn't been cleared and it's been ongoing, at least for us, since a week last Friday - it has a priority ticket though 
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
There is supposed to be an update either overnight or at weekend that will fix them, though that has been said for the last two weekends.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
Still its big enough and heavy enough to twat the mugger over the head with!OnAFlyer wrote:I saw a guy delivering for Yodel in his own 15 year old car the other day, the PDA he was carrying was about the size of a mobile phone and looked very slick.
We get PDAs the size of a brick, whoever sold RM that shite for a grand a chuck must have been screaming with laughter, they're an embarrassment. Imagine being mugged on delivery, the thief would see the PDA and get caught cos he wouldn't be able to run for laughing.
Toon Army!
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
The packetpost/tracked returns has been active for a couple of months, if yours is greyed out it is because your office doesn't have any packetpost customers. They are only scanned at MCs if it is a very large customer who is delivered direct from the MC, otherwise they are scanned at DOs.SpacePhoenix wrote:Is the software update that is due to happen linked to the "Packet Post Returns" option which is currently disabled?
-
SW17
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 10 Oct 2007, 12:17
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
World class mail
3rd world equipment 
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
Wish our equipment WAS that good. All other companies use 1 or 2 year old PDA's, most of ours were built in 2007 and bulk bought, and stored in a warehouse somewhere, and when they finally came into use they were 4 or 5 years out of date.SW17 wrote:World class mail3rd world equipment
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PDA's what a pile of sh*t
.... and underworld managersSW17 wrote:World class mail3rd world equipment
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.